cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

requested to return item and get refund, they offered me only $10

I'm requesting that E-bay follow the communication I'm having regarding vitamins I ordered ($42).  I think the sellers continue to be deceiving. I ordered what I thought was Balance of Nature Vitamins (very tricky advertising).  When I received them I knew immediately that it was a knock-off vitamin.  I initiated a return immediately.  They offered to let me keep the vitamins and refund me $10.  I declined the offer.  That was almost a month ago and I've heard nothing from them since.  So a few days ago, I wrote negative feedback.  Today they sent an email requesting that I revise my feedback because "the seller was able to resolve the problem you had with the transaction".  

I'm not certain who they were writing to or why because nothing has been resolved.  Perhaps they want to state that for their reply to E-Bay or in the column to my negative feedback.  I wrote them back. I said  again that I wanted to return the vitamins intact and I wanted a full refund.  I just need to know that E-Bay is following this.  I will abide by the decision of E-Bay.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: requested to return item and get refund, they offered me only $10

You will have go to your order page, find the item and under more actions select Return this item.

You only have 30 days to request a return if you need eBay to help with returning a item.  After the 30 days they will not be of much help.

stephenmorgan_0-1690590374723.png

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Have you run out of time to have eBay step in? On a claim like yours, the seller should have sent you a return shipping label or a full refund. If you don't have either 3 days after you make the claim, you can escalate your Case to eBay.

You only have 30 days after the claim was opened... snap to, if you can still access help through the Case. Good luck.

Return an item for a refund | eBay

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Balance of Daily Nature  and Balance of Nature are not quite the same thing but these two products do look a little alike.  Big difference in price also.

stephenmorgan_1-1690591101571.png

$48.99

stephenmorgan_0-1690590978727.png

$128.00

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

A buyer can revise a feedback in 30 days. Ask for the refund.

Did you open a case as item not as described?... eBay takes a little time to resolve a situation.

Key here is 30 days. Keep that in mind. Between seller and buyer.

I would think if the feedback bothers them they would refund and let you keep the item since seller doesn't accept returns. I usually don't recommend emails back and forth but this is a time frame for the seller so go for it.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@georgia2570 wrote:

I initiated a return immediately. 

Ignore the several suggestions to open a return again, as you cannot open a return if you've already opened a return. 

@georgia2570 wrote:

That was almost a month ago 

When you opened the return, eBay gave you a deadline to go back to Ask eBay to step in. What date was that deadline, @georgia2570 which you were given?

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

When you say that you "initiated a return immediately", does that mean you opened an item not as described case? If so, did you return to the case 3 days later and ask eBay to step in? 

You have 30 days after delivery to open a case.  There is no need to get into a back and forth with the seller.  These seldom end well and are often a ploy on the seller's part to get you to wait too long to open a case on eBay.  

Unless you opened a case, no, eBay is not "following this".  You have to be proactive for yourself.  PLEASE read the Money Back Guarantee for buyers.  

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

July 29th was date , but I thought since I refused refund that E-bay would know.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Where and how do I ask ebay to step in?  I went to the Help things and none applied to me. My last day to ask is today.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Yes or no, did you actually open an item not as described case with eBay within 30 days of receipt of the item?

Did you return to that case after 3 days and ask eBay to step in?

You thought since you "refused refund that eBay would know"? What does that mean? 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@georgia2570 wrote:

Where and how do I ask ebay to step in?  I went to the Help things and none applied to me. My last day to ask is today.

@georgia2570 

It's been forever since I've opened a claim, but do you find anything under this link? >> My eBay - Purchases

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

seller has written me today State they didn't know I wanted a refund (that's not true).  Now state for me to just request refund.  However I can't because they have offered that $10  instead of allowing me to send the product back, that  I did not accept. I've ask them to take that offer off the table so I can ask for refund upon returning product.  What a mess!

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I don't understand how this is an INAD dispute. You received what you purchased and even admitted in your feedback that you ordered it by mistake. So if this is a remorse return, the seller can decline.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@georgia2570 wrote:

However I can't because they have offered that $10 

instead of allowing me to send the product back, that  I did not accept. 

Did you get something like this @georgia2570 

xaxa59_0-1690669660009.jpeg

where you clicked DECLINE OFFER to decline the $10 partial refund offer?

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Yes, I received a note similar to that.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: