cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay refund is taking too long

Hi and hope you’re having a great day. Last Sunday, I made an accidental purchase of an iPhone which I don’t meant to buy it, and of course, I made the request for refund, which is taking way too long, and the bank company is already bombarding my account with overdraft fees and I’m starting to feel mad. Why is this? 

This is what the bank statement looks like:

IMG_0517.jpeg
at first, it shows that the refund has arrived but on the other hand…

IMG_0518.jpeg

the other one is still pending. 

I'm trying to contact eBay support but it’s literally useless and helpless after trying too many times.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The pending is a hold put on the funds until the payment clears, then the hold will be removed.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Financial postings are dependent to the financial institution. The overdrafts were earned if your account went negative with the purchase.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Refunds are not automatic...can take a few business days to get it back.

eBay Customer service will not help you.

Once the refund is returned in your bank...you could go into your bank and see if they will drop the overdraft fee.

If you haven't done any overdrafts before...they sometimes wave the first time overdraft fee.

I say sometimes...depends on the bank.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You'll just have to wait until the process is complete, what do you expect eBay to do? Some banks issue money back to cards or accounts quickly while others do not... it's the bank and not eBay who is holding it up do to their timeframe to process. You'll more than likely be stuck with the overdraft fees and have those deducted from your balance once the refund has completed. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: