cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay once again doesn't take care of long term seller Bad Return and eBay still approved it

I sold a canister filter bucket.  Canister filters for aquariums are very expensive. A part is therefore also very expensive. 

Seller clearly stated in title line and ad that is was for the bucket only and not for any additional parts.

Seller communicated to buyer again prior to shipping.

Item is expensive to ship across the country with any shipping method.

#ebaysellersupport

Seller reached out now to eBay seller support at least six times since the original return request.

Seller was lied to multiple times by eBay seller support.   eBay seller support never had an escalations manager get involved.  Seller requested escalation at least six times. Seller has all notes and recorded calls to seller support.

Seller was told that the buyer could still fraudulently return the item involved.  Buyer return was approved.

Only the seller fees for transaction were refunded. Seller shipping fees were never refunded.  

COST OF This shipping is expensive.  This was conveyed to eBay seller support.

HOW CAN A BUYER BUY A CAR TIRE for example and EXPECTS TO RECEIVE THE WHOLE CAR?

Apparently eBay has no problem with taking better care of customers than long term sellers.

Re: Fluval Fx5 canister filter bucket only versus a complete Fluval FX5 canister.

I think the next step is either legal counsel or social media blast of eBay seller support practices.   

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: eBay once again doesn't take care of long term seller Bad Return and eBay still approved it

Let me see if I understand your post. 

You sold an item, the buyer returned the item, I'm assuming it was NAD. You as the seller are responsible to pay for shipping for the return. It is NOT refundable. 

This is a quote from eBay's Money Back Guarantee

When the item received by the buyer doesn't match the listing

Sellers are required to deliver the item as it was described in the listing. If the buyer receives the wrong item, or the item arrives broken, damaged, or faulty (and was not clearly described as such), they are entitled to return it for a refund, even if the seller doesn't offer returns.

Buyers and sellers may agree to another solution, such as a full or partial refund while the buyer keeps the item, or a replacement item instead of a refund.

Both buyers and sellers must meet all applicable return requirements. If an item is being returned, the seller is responsible for return shipping.

ETA: I looked at your listing in question. I assume the buyer chose free shipping because you have that as one of the choices. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: eBay once again doesn't take care of long term seller Bad Return and eBay still approved it

Wanted also to add...

Buyers generally don't read listings they shop by looking at pictures. The picture you posted in the listing showed the buyer a lid on the bucket. 

Suggestion: If you are selling something and you're not including everything pictured than remove the items that don't go with the purchase. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: