cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on photo upload requirement on SNAD

So as my holiday returns start rolling in, I noticed a few SNAD returns that don't have a photo uploaded.

I spoke to concierge asking her why some are able to to bypass the requirement. As expected, she said we allow some buyers who are unable to provide a photo for certain reasons like "don't have a smartphone" to not be required to upload one.

I then asked how "easy" would it be for someone to bypass it... is it a simple series of clicks online or something? She said as far as she knows, buyers are unable to bypass that simply thru online. They'd be required to talk to ebay by either direct chat or by phone one on one with an agent to open the SNAD.

That's all, just thought you guys might like to know. Happy New Year.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

So as my holiday returns start rolling in, I noticed a few SNAD returns that don't have a photo uploaded.

I spoke to concierge asking her why some are able to to bypass the requirement. As expected, she said we allow some buyers who are unable to provide a photo for certain reasons like "don't have a smartphone" to not be required to upload one.

I then asked how "easy" would it be for someone to bypass it... is it a simple series of clicks online or something? She said as far as she knows, buyers are unable to bypass that simply thru online. They'd be required to talk to ebay by either direct chat or by phone one on one with an agent to open the SNAD.

That's all, just thought you guys might like to know. Happy New Year.

@bigdeals.etc 

Happy New Year to you also!

Interesting - thanks for sharing that.  Once Buyers catch on that all they have to do is call in and complain or state they have no way to take a pix and upload same.......I am sure that will become more popular.

Hopefully, it also means someone at e-bay will be keeping tabs a little closer on accounts that do this on a regular basis, etc.  Probably not a bad thing - they make you tell them 4000 pieces of info in order to talk to you when they call you back to assist - as they should.  Should eliminate the throw-away fake accounts, correct?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I didn't even know that was a requirement now.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

I didn't even know that was a requirement now.

I know huh. Isn't this board awesome? 🙂

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I listed a thousand items last year, but as I don't have a "smartphone" (only have a landline) it's good to know that if I make a purchase that I want to return, I will not be required to submit a photo😁😂

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

There are three ways to take uploadable pictures: phone , scanner*, and digital camera.

If a member doesn't have at least one of those she is not ready to sell.

A digital scale is another necessity for selling.

I don't see any reason for a buyer to add a picture. How do you take a picture of an empty box?

*My preference since most of my products are flat.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I just returned a SNAD item. When I filed, I ignored the photo request (how do you take a pic of “not working?”).

I’m not convinced the pic is a requirement for return, any more than filming while you pack helps sellers.

Unless something is smashed to bits, not as described is a subjective opinion half the time.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc 

It is not a requirement.

Not all buyers are asked to provide photos for a return. I filed for a return a couple of weeks ago and was not required (or even asked/expected) to provide photographic documentation. 

Here are a couple of Community Team members' responses on earlier threads:

Community Chat, November 3 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics 

eBay Seller Protection - Requiring Photos On Returns? 

@gwzcomps 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: