cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble making a return.

I tried to make a return . The reason is, its not the item I ordered. After the reason ebay wanted photos but I don't have a smart phone so I could not do photo. This would not let me finish return. The reason of not being the correct item should not need a photo anyway. Ebay needs to improve its return policy. I need help from ebay to make this return. It would also be nice to talk to a human on the phone, to not make old people have to type all of this.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Trouble making a return

When shopping online you generally have to adapt to the times if you plan to return. That includes being able to upload a photo of any issues and being able to either print a return label or bring a smartphone to the post office so they can scan a QR code and print the label for you.

Have a friend/family/neighbor take a photo of what you received and email it to you so you can upload it to the return request.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Trouble making a return

You don't need a smart phone, just about any phone, tablet, laptop or PC can take a photo.

Copy a photo from the listing and use it if you have to.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Trouble making a return

Open 2 Windows on your desktop or laptop. One window for the return case and one window for the listing itself. Drag and drop or copy and paste a photo from the listing.  

Select Item is Not as Described as the return reason.

In the text box where you write about why you are returning the item,  break it into 2 lines. Use 2 sentences to describe why you are returning the item. 

This is how a return case is supposed to transpire:

Go to your eBay Purchase History and open a return case.
Find the item in your Purchase History and press the big, blue 'Return this item' button. Select "Item is Not as Described" as the reason for the return.

If it requires you to upload a photo to the return case you will need to do that.

Seller will be required to provide a prepaid shipping label IF they want the item back before refunding. Send the item back with the prepaid return label.

When the return tracking shows delivered back to the seller, the seller will have 2 days to inspect and refund your purchase. If that does not happen, on day 3 there will be an "Ask eBay to Step In", option for you to click on. EBay will refund your money.

If seller does not send a return label within 3 days and the "Ask eBay To Step In" option is not available, you will have to contact eBay. Contact eBay thru Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

Using the instant messaging and explain that the seller has not provided a return label.

Under NO circumstances do you close the return before getting your refund, REGARDLESS of what the seller might tell you.

Come back here with any or all questions you might have throughout this process.

Posting ID
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Trouble making a return

You do not need a smartphone to take photos.  You can use any digital camera and use some sort of card-reader to upload the photos to a computer.  If you really don't have access to a camera with the necessary functionality, ask a friend or neighbor or family member to help/let you borrow one.

"Ebay needs to improve its return policy. "

Yes, but not requiring photos is not an improvement.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Trouble making a return

I told my problem with return on earlier post. I just would like to ask if anyone knows a phone number to talk to a human at Ebay

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Trouble making a return

@bogb_76 I don't know how old you are but many old people have no problem typing a paragraph or two. I hope that wouldn't be a problem for me when I'm old. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Trouble making a return

How are you shopping on ebay and posting here without a smartphone or computer?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Trouble making a return

@bogb_76 wrote:

I told my problem with return on earlier post. I just would like to ask if anyone knows a phone number to talk to a human at Ebay

You do not need to talk to anyone at ebay to upload a picture.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Trouble making a return

Message 10 of 10
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: