cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Enhanced Seller Protection

I sold a specialized Orthpedic Boot recently that was listed as Men’s Size 12 and I also provided the exact measurements (length, width and height) in 2 separate locations (Item Specifics and the Listing Description).  Naturally a Woman purchased it and after receiving it immediately started a return for “it doesn’t fit me”!  It was sold for $160.00 with Free Shipping (which cost me $22.48.)

I’ve spoken to 1 eBay Rep. and he agreed with me that this is classified as a remorse return but didn’t offer much clarification regarding the refund process.

I’m a Top Rated Seller who offers 1-Day handling and a 30-Day Return policy so obviously I have to accept the return.

My question is this:  Since I qualify for Enhanced Seller Protection am I allowed to make any deductions from the refund?  If so, how much?

Thanks, Gary

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Top Rated Enhanced Seller Protection

Returns for doesn’t fit IS a remorse return. Issue the return label 
When you receive the item back you can refund for cost of purchase only since original shipping was free you cannot deduct that, if you paid for the return you can deduct that amount. 
The only time you can make any other deductions is when the item is returned to you damaged in some way. Click this link> How to handle a return request as a seller read on Guidelines for how much to deduct from the refund.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Top Rated Enhanced Seller Protection

I can't see your listings so I will have to expound/guess.

If you offered free shipping, you can't deduct the original shipping.

If you are a Top Rated Seller who offers 30-day or longer returns and the buyer returns something different, opened, used, etc. the seller can deduct up to 50% of the refund to recover the decreased value of the item.

Perhaps that covers it. Other members may be along to correct any errors in my statements.....

Posting ID
Message 3 of 3
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: