cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we accept return or Not???

Hi,

We have two methods on returns. Accept returns or not accept returns. What is the best? What is the best method for us as sellers.

Thanks

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It doesn't really matter as eBay will override your no returns and make you either take it back or take the money from you.  If you don't accept returns, they will refund without getting your item back.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

It doesn't really matter as eBay will override your no returns and make you either take it back or take the money from you.  If you don't accept returns, they will refund without getting your item back.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Agreed. Offering returns is a better way to go. It's not a perfect system, but it better protects you in certain instances.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

@toy_zanta   Set your account to Accept returns and use the 30 Day FREE Returns setting.  This means you agree to pay the return shipping prior to the sale.  It shows confidence in what you sell ...

Returns are GOING TO HAPPEN, that's a fact of selling ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 31
latest reply

I switched to free 30-day return shipping on April 1 of 2021. So far, no returns. Of course, now that I said that...

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

If you're selling fragile items which could be damaged in handling, you better off having a ' No Return' policy 

In 'No Return' policy, you wouldn't get as many returns as an 'Open Return' policy for obvious reasons. You need to be cautious on your descriptions either way

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

@toy_zanta 

You're going to be giving refunds, so you might as well have the items returned before refunding.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

" We have two methods on returns. "

1  Refund.

2 Refuse and let eBay refund on your dime and ding you for poor customer service.

That is how it really is.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

All no returns means is that you don't want the item back when you have to refund.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

@heckofagame wrote:

I switched to free 30-day return shipping on April 1 of 2021. So far, no returns. Of course, now that I said that...

Yep @heckofagame , now you did it ... I'll be looking forward to your thread on your very First return since starting to use the 30 Day Free Return setting ...

Regards,
Message 10 of 31
latest reply

I sold using 'No Returns' for years, but changed to 30-Day (buyer pays) Returns years ago. I haven't noticed an uptick in the amount of requests. Plus, selfishly (and as TRS)... the 30-Day policy gives me the option of short-refunding on the rare occasion when I may get an item returned in a destroyed/de-valued condition.

If you want that  additional layer of protection, you'll have to offer Free Returns, since you aren't TRS. (For some reason, 'Free Returns' have always spooked me, but other sellers have had success using them.)

To your question... it's six of one, half-dozen of the other. Hope this helps, and it didn't confuse you more. Good luck.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

'Free Returns' have always spooked me, but other sellers have had success using them.

My returns skyrocketed, was out hundreds of dollars and had absolutely no increase in sales to compensate for it.

Do not recommend, zero stars.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

@monster-deals 

So I was right to trust my gut instinct. I feared the exact thing would happen, and appreciate your validation!

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@monster-deals 

So I was right to trust my gut instinct. I feared the exact thing would happen, and appreciate your validation!

Trust the gut.

Also if ebay wants you to do it...probably a terrible idea. 

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

I sold using 'No Returns' for years, but changed to 30-Day (buyer pays) Returns years ago. I haven't noticed an uptick in the amount of requests. Plus, selfishly (and as TRS)... the 30-Day policy gives me the option of short-refunding on the rare occasion when I may get an item returned in a destroyed/de-valued condition.

If you want that  additional layer of protection, you'll have to offer Free Returns, since you aren't TRS. (For some reason, 'Free Returns' have always spooked me, but other sellers have had success using them.)

To your question... it's six of one, half-dozen of the other. Hope this helps, and it didn't confuse you more. Good luck.

@mtgraves7984   When Free returns first came out I tested it on lower cost lighter weight items ... at the time the general fear was experiencing more returns.  I did not see that so I switched everything to Free Returns ... as TRS I get the added TRS Plus bonus of 10% off FVFs.   I assume they are still doing that of course.  Still no regular increase in returns.  I had a surge in them this past holiday season but I think that was an exception.

Regards,
Message 15 of 31
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: