cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller did not refund shipping

Hi all, I bought an item and the seller failed to mention or photograph the damage. When I messaged him, he was defensive saying it was used but there is a difference between used and damaged. He took photos of the scratches but decided to leave the damage out. He said I could return it so I agreed. I didn’t hear back for a few days so I opened a eBay case. I was sent a prepaid label and returned it. The seller received it back yesterday and today I got a refund minus the shipping. I was under the impression I would get the shipping back too since I was misled and would not have bought it if I saw the damage. The case is now closed and the eBay number online doesn’t lead to a real person I can talk to. Any advice?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller did not refund shipping

@forever-charmed wrote:

I bought an item and the seller failed to mention or photograph the damage.

I didn’t hear back for a few days so I opened a eBay case. I was sent a prepaid label and returned it.

I got a refund minus the shipping. I was under the impression I would get the shipping back too since I was misled and would not have bought it if I saw the damage. 

Which reason did you select for your return request?

eBay return request reasons.jpg

You have no further recourse at eBay. Instead, file another return request here if that's how you paid. Then when you are told to return the item, upload the same tracking number already delivered back, to get the remainder of your refund.

Otherwise @forever-charmed file a chargeback with your card issuer, and provide the return tracking number to get the rest of your refund.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you were refunded less s&h, it sounds as if you used a remorse reason when you opened the Return... which is allowed.

Did you? 🤔

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@forever-charmed wrote:

I bought an item and the seller failed to mention or photograph the damage.

I didn’t hear back for a few days so I opened a eBay case. I was sent a prepaid label and returned it.

I got a refund minus the shipping. I was under the impression I would get the shipping back too since I was misled and would not have bought it if I saw the damage. 

Which reason did you select for your return request?

eBay return request reasons.jpg

You have no further recourse at eBay. Instead, file another return request here if that's how you paid. Then when you are told to return the item, upload the same tracking number already delivered back, to get the remainder of your refund.

Otherwise @forever-charmed file a chargeback with your card issuer, and provide the return tracking number to get the rest of your refund.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I selected “doesn’t work or defective” and included photos of the damage. In the case, it said expected refund was the full amount. I didn’t know they could pick not to refund the shipping since it was their fault. They have since relisted the item with a photo of the damage. 

I didn’t use PayPal, my card was linked so I used that instead. I will use PayPal going forward for extra protection.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: