cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning item with current INR case open

Hoping to get some clarification on this scenario. I purchased an item that took a lot longer than expected to receive (seller listed as being based in my home state but shipped from state on other side of country) plus there was something weird going on with the tracking number where for about a week it said that the label was canceled and the item was sent back to the seller (still shows this on the TN). So well after it's expected arrival date I opened an INR case and when I received it the box was damaged and most of the contents were missing. The seller (who takes their time responding) said to open a return. However I can't do that until I close the INR case.

I've never experienced a situation like this as a buyer. Should I proceed to close the case and open a return? Should I just ask ebay to step in since I have that option and the TN is still showing that RTS update and hasn't changed since the 28th of November? I just have a bad feeling about this seller since it seems like other buyers have had this same thing happen to them.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Returning item with current INR case open

Close the INR. If you click “see case details”, you should be able to close the INR from there. Then you will be able to open the return request and use the reason “does not match the pictures or description. 

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@allmycollections8693 wrote:

Should I proceed to close the case and open a return?

Should I just ask ebay to step in since I have that option and the TN is still showing that RTS update and hasn't changed since the 28th of November? I just have a bad feeling about this seller since it seems like other buyers have had this same thing happen to them.

Thank you.

Unfortunately for you, eBay considers RTS to be the same as delivered @allmycollections8693 so you will lose the INR when the eBay bot checks the TN.

So yes, close the INR, and you will still see the RETURN THIS ITEM button, to start a return request for the Missing part or pieces reason. Then wait 3 business days, Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday, for a refund or a prepaid return label. Otherwise, come back to click Ask eBay to step in on Friday, for a refund or that label.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Got it. Thank you for the help everyone!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: