cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund for a returned item

I returned a item that was not what I ordered, seller advertised free return but refused to send a return label. I paid for the return and gave a negative feedback for the situation he caused. He refused to refund my purchase until I changed my feedback to positive. I complied with his request and he still hasn't refunded the purchase or the return shipping, it's been over a month since I made the purchase. I'm out $123.08, I've been buying from Ebay sellers for twenty years and never had this situation.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Refund for a returned item

Did or did you not open an item not as described case?

If you had followed that protocol, your seller would have been required to send you a prepaid return label and to refund you in total once the item had been received back.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

As @soh.maryl said, it appears you didn't open the correct type of return request. However you can still go to the order and use the "report seller" button to report that one of the messages from the seller demanded that you revise feedback in order to get a refund. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If the reporting to ebay does not work and working with the seller does not work -

In the worst scenario speak with the folks who handled the payment transaction (paypal, credit card) and make sure you keep the tracking number for the item returned - maybe even print out  a copy that shows the fact that it was delivered back to the seller as documentation.

I am sorry this happened you.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I learned a long time ago not to trust sellers to do the right thing. For years I trusted everyone but there's always a few who make that an unwise choice.

You should have opened a not as described case where the seller pays return shipping. The seller took advantage of your not knowing the policies and I wish that negative would have stayed. Sadly you are not going to get the return shipping back.

If you used PayPal go there and open a not as described case, you should be able to upload your tracking number. If you used a credit card go to them and start a chargeback. 

Report the seller to eBay if you can as well.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: