cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received empty package!

I've been an eBay member for almost 12 years now but I've never had this happen. I purchased a $90 bottle of Giorgio Armani perfume from a seller located in Egypt. (During the time of purchase I did not realize it was international seller.)  Today I received what was supposed to be the perfume but it's just an empty package still sealed up. I also do not believe that the fragrance could have even fit in the package in the first place, the envelope is quite small.  So my question is, how should I go about getting my refund?? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Received empty package!

Find the item in your Purchase History and tick the big, blue 'Return this item' button. Select the reason for your Return request (Doesn't match description/photos), Confirm and Submit.

The seller will either send you the funds to return the item (before refunding you) or will just refund you. If the seller doesn't react to the case, escalate the issue to eBay when the case allows. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the info! I did forget to mention one thing in regards to receiving the refund. The credit card account that the purchase was made on is now closed. I do have my PayPal and bank account linked to eBay though. Can I get the refund to go back to one of those methods...? 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

When a payment is refunded it goes back to the original funding source. There is no way around that. You would have to retrieve the funds from that closed card somehow.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Apparently this **bleep** seller has been scamming people for some time and has several negative feedbacks from buyers saying that they too received empty packages or a package with nothing but a stone inside of it 😡

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@jht.enterprises wrote:

Apparently this **bleep** seller has been scamming people for some time and has several negative feedbacks from buyers saying that they too received empty packages or a package with nothing but a stone inside of it 😡

@jht.enterprises 

Well that is a shame. The lesson in vetting the seller is water under the bridge now... Grrrr.

I have to agree with @asset_liquidators that I've never heard of a refund going back to anything but the funding source. (Personally, I've never known anyone to cancel a CC with recent charges on it, either... but I digress.) You're in a pickle. 🥒

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: