cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a Package I Did Not Order

Apparently, the package was delivered sometime on Saturday.   The shipping label has my address and another person's name.   I googled "persons who live on my street" and the name did not show.   Anyway, I decided to open the package to see whether it contained shipping information.  It did not.

Inside was 3-boxes of men, SZ 11.5, Vontey, yellow/brown shoes and 6 boxes of pop tarts.   I believe TBA307688285595  could be  some sort of tracking for the package. 

What  should i do with the package now?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Received a Package I Did Not Order

That is an Amazon shipped item.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

That is an Amazon shipped item.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Since I have never ordered anything from Amazon, how did the sender get my address?  Sould I call Amazon?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

If you didn't  order anything and you weren't expecting anything and that's  not your name you should have refused delivery by writing on the address side of the package 

This person is not at this address, and returned it to the carrier.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Shoes and Pop Tarts seems like a odd thing to order together.  Seems like Pop Tarts would be cheaper to purchase locally.  I searched for Vontey Shoes and could find anything about this brand.

Did the package have a return address?  If it does send the person a letter and ask what is going on with the package.  Maybe they made a error when addressing the package.  If they can describe what is in the package I would work with them to get it returned.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@stephenmorgan wrote:

Did the package have a return address?  If it does send the person a letter and ask what is going on with the package.  Maybe they made a error when addressing the package.  If they can describe what is in the package I would work with them to get it returned. 

It's an Amazon warehouse -- they have no answer for the question, and can't respond to a letter. 

@fab_finds4u wrote:

If you didn't  order anything and you weren't expecting anything and that's  not your name you should have refused delivery by writing on the address side of the package 

This person is not at this address, and returned it to the carrier. 

What's the carrier, to come pick back up an Amazon package?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Take it to an Amazon return center and let them deal with it.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I made a typo, the loafers are Vostey and not Vontey.   In fact the label says Vostey Milan. 

There is no return address which is why I opened the package hoping to find packaging materials and there was none.  I was thinking the same thing about the shoes and pop tarts combination.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Many thanks to everyone who responded to my post.  I called Amazon Customer Service and finally got a person with a face after going in a loop with the phone assistant bot.   Anyway, after a lot of uhms and ahs, the CS Rep finally said to accept the package as a gift from Amazon and that the person who should have received the package will probably be calling.

I will donate the shoes to the local thrift store and the pop tarts to a food pantry or coworkers.

Thanks again.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: