cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased 4 Books, Received only 1, Opened 3 Returns Under Missing Items, Seller Accepted.

Purchased 4 Books Under a "Buy 3 Get 1 Free" Deal.

Seller only sent 1 Book in the package.

I opened 3 Returns for the 3 missing books, using the "Missing Items Or Pieces Options" 

The seller approved the return request for all three missing items. The seller sent me this link with this message....

Please use the shipping label at the following link to ship all the return items from your order 20-10335-60527. The label expires on Tuesday, August 08, 2023. https://easypost-files.s3.us-west-

The link sent me to a picture of a USPS Postage and Feeds Paid Label.

So my question is....

How do I return three items that I do not have? I only have one package. If the seller receives back only the one empty package, how am I to be refunded for the three missing books? Am I allowed to the keep the one book that was sent? Or do I have to return what was sent to me ? What are my options here as this is extremely frustrating. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Purchased 4 Books, Received only 1, Opened 3 Returns Under Missing Items, Seller Accepted.

@chicka8618 

One tracking number for four items. I think you'll have to send back the one book you did receive, using the Return's mailing label to fulfill your duties as any buyer with any Return... No? 🤔   What a mess... nothing really is free, is it? 😣

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Purchased 4 Books, Received only 1, Opened 3 Returns Under Missing Items, Seller Accepted.

If it was from a large bookseller, sometimes their items come from different locations.  Did you get one tracking number for all 4 books?  If they are separate numbers, you need to open a case of item not received on each one.  

You cannot open a return for an item you don't have.  

This is a tricky one.  Let us know what your purchase history looks like.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

It was one tracking number for all four books under a Buy 3 Get 1 Free Deal. All four books are showing as Delivered even though one book arrived in one package. It was a large bookseller. Who has thousands upon thousands of negatives. Most of the negative feedback is about this same problem I have now having. 

To answer your question yes I have bought multiple books from the seller before and they have sent different tracking numbers when sent seperately but this time they had all four listed with just the one. I opened returns for all three items and somehow the seller has managed to accept the return even though there is nothing to return. I used the Missing Items option as I have had to do this before for sellers who have not sent items. I have bought many books and movies from this seller before. This is the first time where I only received one book in the package that should have had four. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

When I click on the "View Details" on the return this is what I am shown...

Send the item backThe seller let us know they sent you a return shipping label. If you haven't received it yet, contact the seller. Be sure to send the item back by Aug 15.Already sent it back?It's important to let the seller know the item's in the mail and when they can expect it. Just mark the item as sent.

Seller return information

Address

900 Knell St

Montgomery IL 60538

Message from seller

Please use the shipping label at the following link to ship all the return items from your order 20-10335-60527. The label expires on Tuesday, August 08, 2023

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

If you return an empty box, seller probably wont give you a refund and will instead report you for abusive buyer.

Unless you opened a return on the book you also received, I dont know how you can get a full refund here

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

So should I just return the 1 book I received to get a refund for all four I paid for? Im not sure how else I can get this resolved. What if the seller decides to just refund me for the one book? 

I did not open a return for the One Book I DID receive. Just the three that were missing. So Im not even sure they can say it was returned correctly.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@chicka8618 wrote:

Seller only sent 1 Book in the package.

I opened 3 Returns for the 3 missing books, using the "Missing Items Or Pieces Options" 

The seller approved the return request for all three missing items.

The seller sent me this link with this message....

Please use the shipping label at the following link to ship all the return items from your order 

If you return all three using only only ONE label @chicka8618 you will only get ONE of three refunds. 

sasa790592_0-1690913678655.jpeg

eBay requires you to use THREE return labels to return THREE items, and eBay refunds one item per label. 

@chicka8618 wrote:

When I click on the "View Details" on the return this is what I am shown...

Send the item back

The seller let us know they sent you a return shipping label. If you haven't received it yet, contact the seller. Be sure to send the item back by Aug 15. 

Do all three "The seller approved the return request for all three missing items" returns show "The seller let us know they sent you a return shipping label" and yet you received a link to only one label? 

sasa790592_1-1690914378022.jpeg

If so or otherwise, leave a PRIVATE message here for eBay on Fatebook, and tell eBay you need 2 more prepaid return labels. Open an account (and close later) if you don't have one just to contact eBay, like you would borrow an AT&T cell phone just so you can call eBay even if you don't like AT&T.

You will be returning exactly what you received for the 3 missing books, so just enclose copies of the correspondence and affix the labels to each of the three packages. eBay will refund when each of the labels show delivered.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I recevied SIX  messages, 3 saying "The seller accepted your return" and 3 showing "Heres your return shipping label" All three of these messages show a link to a USPS Pre paid label. The label is the same number for all three of the returns. I never put in a return for the 1 book I got. (Which is suppose to be a "FREE" book anyway, go figure)

I sent a message to Ebay on Facebook and have not heard back a reply. I called Ebay and they said to return whatever I received. Meaning I am suppose to return the ONE book I got out of the FOUR, even though I did NOT put in a return for that book. I see my only options at this point are to 

A. Put in a return for the ONE book I did GET, wati for the label, send it back in the package and hope for a full refund. 

B.Send back an EMPTY package and hope they refund me for the 3 Missing books. 

I dont see what other choices I have unless I just accept that I got screwed out of my money. Ebay does not seem to be helpful at all. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I would contact ebay for business on facebook so you can get someone to look at this for you.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

If all three books were part of one transaction, with one item #, and you received only three books, wouldn't you have to open an item not as described case, and to return the three you did receive (which, of course, seems counterproductive for you)? 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

The listings were for individual books....there were not in a lot. It was just part of a Buy 3 Get 1 Free promotion. It wasnt a listing for four books sold together.  Im honestly not sure if that makes it all one transaction or multiple. 

The seller shipped 1 book, but used the same tracking number for the 4 I paid for. All four show delivered when only one arrived.  I guess I could have opened a "Not as described" but I've been told my people on this forum when books are missing to use the "Missing Parts or Piece" as how can I return what I did not receive. Now I feel screwed by my choice.  

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@chicka8618 

One tracking number for four items. I think you'll have to send back the one book you did receive, using the Return's mailing label to fulfill your duties as any buyer with any Return... No? 🤔   What a mess... nothing really is free, is it? 😣

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

This is an unusual case--let us know how it turns out.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Follow Up:

The next day, a package with the three remaining books arrived. The package had the EXACT SAME TRACKING NUMBER as the package that had arrived the day before. I closed all three return cases.

When the USPS was alerted to the fact that both packages had the same tracking number, they informed us they would be reporting this High Volume Book Seller for fraud. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

That seller tried to screw me over as well. They must do it all the time. 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: