cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA - Questionable Authenticity - Jordan Signature

Hi,

I need a resolution from eBay on what to do with regards to an item that has recently returned from PSA/DNA as being of Questionable Authenticity.  It has been several months since I won the item in an eBay auction, but later when I sent it to PSA for signature authentication, they could not authenticate it. 

The seller is being uncooperative, and refusing to refund me.  I spoke to an eBay rep last week, and she said she will try to contact the seller, but so far no resolution has occurred, because the seller is not responding to me with return instructions for a refund.  She also adviced me to contact my bank, and I did, but they can't do anything, because it's been several months.

What do I do?  I need an eBay rep to follow up with me in regards this case.  I tried to call them today, but I kept getting AI responses, and no live team member came on. 

Do I contact my local police/FBI in regards to the signature being counterfeit, and submit the item to them?

Thanks for any help you might give me.  Here is a picture of it:

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: PSA - Questionable Authenticity - Jordan Signature

You have passed the time for any Ebay action.

If your bank says so, you have passed the time for it to take action.

This situation is common when one uses PSA to authenticate - they are slow.

What is worse is that when PSA says they cannot authenticate, they could be wrong.

I was contacted months after a T205 card sale by a buyer who said the card was refused by PSA. I know it was authentic. It had an uncommon back which I suspect the grader had never seen. In the same batch, the buyer had other uncommon cards which were refused (bought from different sellers). There is no way that anyone would have forged those cards. I would suspect the grader was a rookie.

I offered to take the T205 back, but the buyer decided to keep it. Good move on his part, it was an auction purchase at a great price in a slow week.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You did good by at least offering to take the card back from the buyer, which shows that you are a good and honest seller.

With the seller that I am dealing with, I offered to return the card back to him, and told him that I would trust him to refund me afterwards.  But, he just refuses to cooperate.

Anyways, are there any eBay representatives on here that read the board, and can offer me advice on what I should do next?  Am I supposed to now take this matter to the law and courts?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

"advice me to contact my bank"...several months mean nothing...You get 120 days to do it.

Heck, I had someone do it for 290 days...LOL.

Do a dispute online with credit card used....eBay has to accept the dispute which will get back to the seller...eBay only accepts it...it becomes between your bank and the buyer then. eBay usually just stands back.

I had a few dispute where buyers stated they didn't recognize charge...I won...but I knew what I was doing.

And customer service won't really help in a situation like this.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

You can't do anything on eBay because in most cases you only get 30 days to open a case. You can try contacting PayPal if you used that or your bank. If you send an item off to a third party you should always keep your timeframe for a return in mind.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Sorry, once the MBG expires, Ebay won't do anything.

Your bank was your last chance, other then small claims court.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

My credit card bank also mentioned the 4 month rule (they said 118 days).  I spoke on the phone with them, their dispute department, and they told me to talk back to eBay about it, because it's been after 118 days.

You think I should skip their customer service by phone, and do the dispute online?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Yes...phone service customer service connects you to the fraud department and you are on the phone answering so many questions.

There is no 4 month rule...it depends on the bank...I had a dispute where buyer didn't "recognize" charge after 260 days and eBay and bank allowed it. I know my stuff. Of course, I won. 

The didn't recognize charge seems to be what everyone is using these days.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: