cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Seller Protection = EBAY RISK Prevention

I'm very disappointed with ebay Seller Protection. A buyer opened an "Item not as described" request, and he showed a Picture of the sent item that was EXACTLY like the Product Picture!!! 100% Match (just a different background).

Because I selected "30-day returns", this request was Automatically Accepted without letting me answer the buyer; and even choosing "Buyer Pays Return Shipping", they charged the shipping label From ME!!!

The ebay setting is a big trap, everything was different from what I selected, and I had no choice, I was RAPED by that Policy.

We are paying Fees around 15% of the Total Price, the Minimum eBay must do is CHECK, VERIFY, and CONFIRM that the Buyer isn't doing a false claim. They need to Judge if the return request is valid, WE ARE PAYING HIGH FEES FOR THIS SERVICE!!!

And Even after Giving a FULL Refund (for this FALSE Claim), I also received Negative Feedback from the liar buyer!!!

What I did do now? I INCREASED ALL my Prices by 10% just to cover the RISK on Selling on ebay. So, I hope to make a "Reserve" to Cover my Losses just because ebay DO NOT PROTECT THE SELLERS!!!

This Extra 10% is called "EBAY RISK Prevention", Welcome Inflation.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: No Seller Protection = EBAY RISK Prevention

You did good with the 10% increase. Congratulations. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Oh dear, where to begin.

eBay doesn't check the validity of the return reason.

When you accept returns the buyer can return it for any reason. Who pays return shipping is determined by the reason for the return.

The seller pays return shipping if the claim is not as described. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Agree with you 100% sellers have zero protection against scammers and laying buyers. I had a buyer that returned his old laptop battery and kept the new one I sent him. ebay denies my appeal with one sided reason (we couldn't determine if the change in the item's condition was caused by the buyer or not.)

ebay tells me that the buyer is more trust worthy then the seller. Very frustrating and discouraging policies. I have removed my listing for laptop batteries as anyone can make the same claim again and ebay take the buyer side.  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

And it seems like you've been here long enough to know how eBay works.  Since eBay has no way to actually do an in depth investigation, they almost always side with the buyer.  If you weren't aware of that, you are now.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Ebay will also take a percent of your 10% increase, Add more to cover ebays greedy charges

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Because I selected "30-day returns", this request was Automatically Accepted without letting me answer the buyer; and even choosing "Buyer Pays Return Shipping", they charged the shipping label From ME!!!

@traderusa 

For what it's worth, even if you had selected 'No Returns' the outcome on a NAD claim would be the same. Hang in there.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

the majority of the protection on ebay is slanted towards the buyers

return abuse is common for some buyers

the best thing I ever did on ebay was to offer 30 day free returns

it allows me to not get all worked up over a return.  I used to get very agitated with returns but not anymore.

the best thing about free returns is the buyers never ever send me any more nastygrams with ebay messaging

free returns restored my tranquility with ebay 

@traderusa 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Since eBay has no way to actually do an in depth investigation, 

Well ebay could have looked at the picture ebay made the buyer provide.

It isn't even that in depth.

ebay WANTS you to believe they can't protect you. Most of us have been here long enough to know that isn't true.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: