cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I handle this now? Return and seller deducted high shipping?

I know I been with ebay for long time but I still have questions..plus I never have done this to my buyers nor has happened to me so….

my guy bought a brand new dress pants with tag on ebay ..he don’t shop much on ebay ..and he buys few shirts online but not dress pants for his work.

always buy at the store and try on first…but he did bought one because it’s brand that he wears before and he thought should be ok.

he has small 31 inch waist and wear slim fit …anyway, pants arrived and it looked weird so he tried on and boy…it was so baggy around hips and legs that he looked ridiculous…basically swimming in it and one leg was longer that the other so it was defective..not a slim fit at all.

he has many slim fit dress pants and nothing like this baggy and one leg is slightly longer than other leg..crazy.

so he return as defective and seller provide return shipping.

he shipped ground advantage but return shipping was 3 day priority label.

so we sent in priority box and seller received….three days later seller refund but deduct return shipping and original shipping too…

pants was $28  thought really good deal until it arrive and how it look and fit…anyway, seller only refund half of it saying shipping is is your responsibility on message…wow.

so my guy check return detail and it clearly show return shipping is free and seller pays..

so he ask me how to contact ebay and resolve this…he say he is not going to message him till contact ebay and open a case…

I don’t know really.

can he file with ebay for this? 
or the seller? 
thanks

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

If you are returning for doesn't fit it is a remorse return so buyer pays return shipping. If you were returning for not as described the seller pays. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Can't file now- too late. The 'return reason' needed to be 'correct' FIRST. 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

You say you requested a return for a NAD reason, "so he return as defective and seller provide return shipping." 

If indeed you returned as NAD (not as described/defective), the seller shouldn't have been able to deduct anything. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

By the way, item return in original condition..only tried on to see…few hour later he open return request and ebay send free return shipping priority …so we shipped the next day. 
everything in original condition. So why he deduct shipping? 
I read some on ebay, in some cases, they say sellers can deduct if buyer used item or damaged and return, seller can deduct the loss but not in this case.

only tried on to see it fit and check the item and tags and all never removed. 
It is not as described as slim fit nor mentioned defective on length …each leg pant length is different and way to baggy.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@mybabylily wrote:

so my guy check return detail and it clearly show return shipping is free and seller pays..

Apparently looks like seller offered free returns on the listing, so no "remorse return, buyer pays shipping" issue.

Also ...

@mybabylily wrote:

so it was defective..not a slim fit at all.

he has many slim fit dress pants and nothing like this baggy and one leg is slightly longer than other leg..crazy.

so he return as defective and seller provide return shipping.

Apparently wasn't returned as remorse to begin with, was returned as defective.

This is assuming we take everything posted by OP at face value.

Sounds like TRS seller making substantial deduction on refund (abusing up to 50% withhold refund privellege)

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Return as item defective and it was defective

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@mybabylily 

Most people saw your long post, didn't bother to read it, or didn't believe what you wrote to be accurate and assumed you filed the return wrong ... That's what happens 99% of the time, so the replies are basically assuming you are one of the 99% of people on this forum who filed a return wrong. 

You're one in few who apparently did it correctly... (if we take you at your word, LOL)

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Check the communication from eBay concerning the refund and see if there is an option to appeal for the rest of your money.

Posting ID
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@ajs_coins_and_alchemy wrote:

Most people saw your long post, didn't bother to read it, or didn't believe what you wrote to be accurate and assumed you filed the return wrong

@ajs_coins_and_alchemy 

I find your post offensive! Why would you assume that most of us didn't read the OP's post. I read every word of it. 

I do believe that the OP's first language isn't English and it's a bit unclear what transpired but offending those of us who have tried to help is wrong.

albertabrightalberta

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

They are abusing their 50% refund protections that they're only supposed to use if you did not return it in the original condition. I would try to use the automated chat to request a call back from eBay to report them to an agent, especially if they have admitted that they took out of your refund for the cost of shipping which they're not supposed do on an INAD.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta 

I'm sorry alberta, I didn't limit it to "didn't read", but now I'm led to believe you didn't read my post. You clearly copied the line where it says "didn't read OR didn't believe what you wrote"

You see the word, OR, right?

You make the case for yourself being in the 2nd category of didn't fully believe what OP wrote and make my case for me there... but geez, didn't you read what I wrote, lol

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@mybabylily wrote:

1. so he return as defective and seller provide return shipping.

2. three days later seller refund but deduct return shipping and original shipping too…

3. can he file with ebay for this? 

Yes of course @mybabylily just go back to the refund summary page

nenu5410_0-1710380303041.jpeg

to step in and ask eBay to issue the rest of everything that you originally paid.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@mybabylily 

Most people saw your long post, didn't bother to read it, or didn't believe what you wrote to be accurate and assumed you filed the return wrong ... That's what happens 99% of the time, so the replies are basically assuming you are one of the 99% of people on this forum who filed a return wrong. 

You're one in few who apparently did it correctly... (if we take you at your word, LOL)

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@ajs_coins_and_alchemy 

I find your post offensive! Why would you assume that most of us didn't read the OP's post. I read every word of it. 

I do believe that the OP's first language isn't English and it's a bit unclear what transpired but offending those of us who have tried to help is wrong.

@albertabrightalberta 

I'm sorry alberta, I didn't limit it to "didn't read", but now I'm led to believe you didn't read my post. You clearly copied the line where it says "didn't read OR didn't believe what you wrote"

You see the word, OR, right?

You make the case for yourself being in the 2nd category of didn't fully believe what OP wrote and make my case for me there... but geez, didn't you read what I wrote, lol

I did see the word "OR" and based on @mybabylily 's comment in the OP, "he return as defective and seller provide return shipping" and the subsequent comment in post 7  that "Return as item defective and it was defective," @mybabylily DID file the correct type of claim and my own post #4 states that if/since the OP filed NAD, there shouldn't be the deduction which the seller took.

I'm not sure why you are arguing with me. You're the one who accused us of either not reading or not believing the OP. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 14 of 14
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: