cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make an exception to my NO RETURNS policy?

Hi. I have a no returns policy and was contacted by a buyer who wants to return an item for a refund. I want to allow it but when she tries to make the request, she's told she can't, and I don't know how to process the return and refund on my end. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: How do I make an exception to my NO RETURNS policy?

Buyers can still open a return request even if you have a no returns policy and you would have the chance to accept or deny it.  So I have no idea why they are not able to open one.

If this is a buyers remorse return you could tell them to return for  refund and then refund them through the ‘send refund’ function.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@luluwings wrote:

Hi. I have a no returns policy and was contacted by a buyer who wants to return an item for a refund. I want to allow it but when she tries to make the request, she's told she can't, and I don't know how to process the return and refund on my end. Any suggestions? Thanks!

How long ago did this buyer make a purchase?

Returns can only be opened withing 30 days of delivery so if its past the window that could be why your buyer can't open a request. No you can't make exceptions to a return policy. You either accept them or not and/or chose either buyer pays for return shipping or you do. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You could just ask customer to return item to you directly.    After you receive item...you can refund their money.   Go to ORDERS, Click Down Arrow & Select "SEND REFUND" (to issue refund).

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@luluwings wrote:

Even if it's past 30 days, the buyer should be able to request a return. 

Tell the buyer to go to the order, click the dropdown and pick one of the remorse reasons. Although you have the ability to decline the request, you can accept and buyer pays return shipping. Once you get the item back you can issue a partial refund, deducting whatever costs (shipping, fees) you incurred and issue a refund for the balance.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

time-travel-mindblown.gif

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: