cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sent USPS return label for an oversized package that needs to go Fedex or UPS

This is sooo annoying!  After 25 years and at least 3000  transactions both buying and selling  I should have known better than to by an 8x10 rug on Ebay.  Seller shipped it via Fedex Ground.  The rug is positively hideous.  Color doesn't even resemble the photos and the quality is incredibly bad.    Seller offers free returns, so I wrapped it back up in original packaging and initiated return request. 

Right away Ebay sent a USPS Priority return label. The package length/girth is too large for USPS so they won't take it.  So I reached out and asked seller to send a Fedex label.  They respond saying they can't do that and I need to contact Ebay myself.   

Well, Ebay is basically unreachable.  I waited on chat for 30 minutes before it cut me off.  I requested a call back 2 hours ago and I'm still waiting.  Meanwhile the clock is ticking on my return.  I don't have all day to spend trying to get a new label from Ebay , and if I don't ship it back and show tracking within the next couple of days I'll be stuck with it.  I'm  just sooo annoyed!! And you can believe I seriously regret shopping for a rug on Ebay instead of Amazon or Wayfair or Target or any other legit retailer with a  decent return policy and real live customer support.  

Wondering if anyone even reads this board and, if so, can someone please tell me how to reach a human being in Ebay customer service? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay sent USPS return label for an oversized package that needs to go Fedex or UPS

@darkofthematinee wrote:

I wrapped it back up in original packaging and initiated return request. 

Right away Ebay sent a USPS Priority return label. The package length/girth is too large for USPS so they won't take it. 

So I reached out and asked seller to send a Fedex label.  They respond saying they can't do that and I need to contact Ebay myself. 

Cease @darkofthematinee all communication with the seller. Completely.

3mdtrdudutrdtrxctcgjcjcgchkvkjhvkhgxdfhzhfxgxhm3.jpg

Simply leave a private message here with your name, email, zip code, and return ID number for eBay on Facebook (or open a throwaway Facebook account) and tell eBay that you need a proper return label.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Ebay sent USPS return label for an oversized package that needs to go Fedex or UPS

@darkofthematinee wrote:

I wrapped it back up in original packaging and initiated return request. 

Right away Ebay sent a USPS Priority return label. The package length/girth is too large for USPS so they won't take it. 

So I reached out and asked seller to send a Fedex label.  They respond saying they can't do that and I need to contact Ebay myself. 

Cease @darkofthematinee all communication with the seller. Completely.

3mdtrdudutrdtrxctcgjcjcgchkvkjhvkhgxdfhzhfxgxhm3.jpg

Simply leave a private message here with your name, email, zip code, and return ID number for eBay on Facebook (or open a throwaway Facebook account) and tell eBay that you need a proper return label.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

So you’re saying eBay will respond via Facebook but they’re not reachable via their own customer service channels????

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks so much for the suggestion.  Never in a million years would it occur to me to contact Ebay via facebook.  I'll try that and report back with the outcome. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Take it to the post office again or try a different post office. If they give you a hard time, politely explain to them the situation.

I bought this online, this is the return label they gave me, all I need is an acceptance scan, can you please help. 

Once it is scanned by USPS it isn't your problem anymore. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@darkofthematinee   Rugs.co

You know the rest.

Amazing selections, good prices, free fast shipping, free returns, 24/7 customer service.

Go take a look. I think you'll like.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Did the seller offer free returns?  Is it part of ebay's policy to send the return label, and if so, shouldn't they be responsible to a proper label?  I have read on here that even if a seller sends something priority insured, ebay only sends a generic label for a return.  If the item is lost or damaged in the return, there is no recourse for the seller.  I'm trying to understand how it works.  I watched a few you tube videos on failed and fraudulent returns.  It seems the buyer is always right, the seller always wrong or wronged, and ebay never takes responsibility.    I'd love to know the outcome of this transaction.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I left a PM on Facebook and the responded a few hours later.  They put the case on hold and requested seller send a new shipping label.  Three days later seller sent a Fedex label directly to my email address.  Next hurdle is to get Fedex to pick it up since the package won't fit in my car.  Fedex told me pickup will be within 2-5 days.  That hasn't happened yet. 

Meanwhile, apparently Ebay doesn't know seller provided the label because they sent it via email rather than Ebay messages.  The case timed out and Ebay already sent my refund but this thing is still on my front porch waiting for Fedex to pick up.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: