cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wanting return - am I wrong?

Hi! I need help please.  Thank you in advance.  I sold 5 vintage used wicker cornucopia lot.  Feel free to find and read the listing.  I am set up for no returns.  The buyer is filing with EBay because the legs or knobs were not connected I guess with a wicker tie but instead with hot glue.  The buyer also in the beginning tried to imply they were damaged in shipping causing issues with the legs (little knobs it sits up on).  I offered to file an insurance claim for buyer but explained I would need pictures showing shipping damage.  Then basically the buyer states these must have been damaged at some time and someone hot glued the knobs back on.  However, the items look in brand new conditions.  See the listing pictures.  However, I advertised them as vintage used.  There is no mention in my listing as to how the legs (knobs) are attached because I had no idea to look at that.  So the buyer is filing a claim with eBay.  1.  Am I wrong?  I do strive to be honest in all my listings and want to do the right thing?  2.  How will EBay rule on this?  TIA

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Buyer wanting return - am I wrong?

ebay is going to rule for the buyer....that is what they do

you should say yes to the return if you want the items back

if you say no to the return then the buyer will keep the items and get a free refund

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@crazycraftfrog wrote:

How will EBay rule on this?  TIA

If the buyer has filed an INAD, they will side with the buyer.

If you want them returned before refunding, accept the return and pay return shipping.

Insurance is to cover the seller, the buyer has the MBG to cover them.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

"I am set up for no returns."

You do know that means absolutely nothing in the face of eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers, right? 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@crazycraftfrog wrote:

Hi! I need help please.  Thank you in advance.  I sold 5 vintage used wicker cornucopia lot.  Feel free to find and read the listing.  I am set up for no returns.  The buyer is filing with EBay because the legs or knobs were not connected I guess with a wicker tie but instead with hot glue.  The buyer also in the beginning tried to imply they were damaged in shipping causing issues with the legs (little knobs it sits up on).  I offered to file an insurance claim for buyer but explained I would need pictures showing shipping damage.  Then basically the buyer states these must have been damaged at some time and someone hot glued the knobs back on.  However, the items look in brand new conditions.  See the listing pictures.  However, I advertised them as vintage used.  There is no mention in my listing as to how the legs (knobs) are attached because I had no idea to look at that.  So the buyer is filing a claim with eBay.  1.  Am I wrong?  I do strive to be honest in all my listings and want to do the right thing?  2.  How will EBay rule on this?  TIA

eBay will find for the purchaser and you will be out product and money (including shipping).

No returns does not mean NO REFUNDS. You agree to the money back guarantee when you list on eBay.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I have purchased and used  wicker cornucopia like these. The feet were always woven into the cone. Your photos show this, if you look to the center of a foot you will see an X in wicker, which you can follow to where it goes to the outside of the foot and is brought back through the cone to secure it. If you didn't inspect the feet before shipping to see how they were connected, you have to believe the buyer, that some were repaired with hot-glue. Without you knowing what this "damage" is, it is hard to provide advice. (other than to carefully insect things like seams, edges, attachments, etc. in the future) If one cone has one or more feet hot glued on, you might offer a partial refund for that piece.  looking at the photos, photo 1 top left I can see an interior attachment X w/out glue? and the same on the  last photo left.  

As far as insurance goes,

1. The USPS pays for damage that they are responsible for (like a truck running over a package) if the package doesn't have tire marks on it, it would be hard to convince the USPO it's their fault.

2. They don't pay for damage that may be due to improper packaging or "during shipment" damage. (I could ship a "$50" glass vase to my mother in a cereal box and claim insurance when it arrived broken, in fact I could ship her 100 and have enough insurance money for the down payment on a house)

3. The buyer doesn't have to provide photos (it's not the buyers fault), but if the package itself was damaged, the buyer might help you.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: