cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer requesting refund for item not described

We overly packed a radio in a box 3 times the size of the itself withe bubble wrap and a bunch of large padded envelope and card board to keep it in the middle immobilized and safe. Buyer sends us picture of a smashed radio and claims it wasn't packed good enough for it's wieght. My first red flag because being fairly new at this as sellers I had packed one and it wasn't good enough and we received bad review but since then my wife forbids me to pack and ship so now she does that part and even doing it overly protected. What's right is right and wrong is wrong. I don't want to return the buyer money for lying if it was true absolutely I would have no problem of it but the radio is in worse condition than the box it was shipped in. It is impossible that radio was damaged worse then the box it was sent.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@sandsoftimes7779 wrote:

We overly packed a radio in a box 3 times the size of the itself withe bubble wrap and a bunch of large padded envelope and card board to keep it in the middle immobilized and safe.

Buyer sends us picture of a smashed radio and claims it wasn't packed good enough for it's wieght. 

Why would a buyer buy an item @sandsoftimes7779 only to smash it for a return?

It's more likely that it arrived damaged, and needs to be returned for a full refund.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It's also possible that the buyer was looking to replace an old radio and that is what you will get back in the return. If they open a return claim, you may not get what you sent. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If it had a heavy chassis inside a plastic cabinet, that can happen if the box is dropped.  The cabinet stops but the chassis keeps going.  Items like that have to have the chassis removed and packed in another box from the cabinet. 

In any case, you will be refunding.  I suggest you take action before eBay does to avoid a defect on your record and poor feedback.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Does photo of buyer's radio look like the one you sold? It's easy to compare his photo and your photo.

However, "no returns" does not mean "no returns". A buyer has the right to return it. Better to do a return, otherwise eBay will eventually refund buyer and keep item. Would be interesting to see buyer repack the item...guess they will need another box, tape and have to go down to mail it. Send a return label for buyer to do it. Wonder if the buyer would actually go to all the trouble to mail it back. It's a little bit of work for the buyer.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

If you didnt double box that radio, that was a disaster waiting to happen. One hard smash would do it..no matter the amount of 'packing.'

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@bonjourami 

My thoughts exactly. Plus... shipping anything in a box 3 times the size of itself is crazy... if it hadn't been double boxed.

@sandsoftimes7779 

Your item might not have been protected if slung around inside that big box with only bubble wrap and envelopes.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@sandsoftimes7779 wrote:

I don't want to return the buyer money for lying 

Unfortunately ebay does not care what you want or that buyers lie and steal.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: