cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer claims I sent the wrong lid for an expensive saucepan

I had a 5 piece set of MAUVIEL copperware with cast iron handles, consisting of a saucepan + lid, a saute pan + lid, and a fry pan.  I never used it and after several years of 'it's too nice to use', I listed in 3 separate listings. All sold.

The saucepan and lid were received by the buyer on December 24 who wrote to complain that I'd sent the wrong lid. As proof, the buyer sent a picture of the handle of the  saucepan inserted through the top of the lid, but not far enough to be able to hang both together.  The buyer included a pic of several pots and pans from this collection and how they SHOULD hang.  This was the first I'd ever heard of this 'feature' of this cookware and after some to-and-fro, we established that 1. the lid I sent DOES fit the saucepan, but can not be hung in the manner expected and that 2. the other lid in my 5 piece set definitely would not have fit the saucepan, so I didn't accidently mix up the lids.  The dialog between us has been short in words but long in time, with me responding within minutes or an hour to the buyer's messages, but the buyer taking days or even more than a week to respond to mine.  The clock is ticking on the buyer's ability to open a SNAD case, but frankly, I'm uncomfortable with this complaint about a feature I never claimed the item had and yet...there's the pic of hanging cookwaremauvielcomplaint1.jpgmauvielcomplaint2.jpg.   Can you walk me through how this could/should proceed?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Buyer claims I sent the wrong lid for an expensive saucepan

She needs to put the handle at the proper angle as shown in the picture of the pans hanging and not through the middle as the first picture shows. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Buyer claims I sent the wrong lid for an expensive saucepan

Thank you!  I hadn't even noticed that!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: