cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of this return scam

Please be aware of this return scam. I've had 2 buyers in the last 2 weeks that filed for a return and provided tracking that shows delivery and they requested refund. They did not use the return label I provided. One buyer contacted ebay and provided them with the tracking number. Ebay refunded their payment saying the buyer provided them with tracking showing it was returned to my address.

I went to my local post office today and they provided me with a report showing a completely different address than mine. Ebay obviously didn't verify the address was mine, yet they refunded buyer. I am going to appeal.

Today I had a buyer contact me saying I received their return and wanted me to issue refund. I went to the post office and checked the tracking number they provided and it was addressed to my address. This is obviously a new scam.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@koehnsprings wrote:

Please be aware of this return scam. I've had 2 buyers in the last 2 weeks that filed for a return and provided tracking that shows delivery and they requested refund. They did not use the return label I provided. One buyer contacted ebay and provided them with the tracking number. Ebay refunded their payment saying the buyer provided them with tracking showing it was returned to my address.

I went to my local post office today and they provided me with a report showing a completely different address than mine. Ebay obviously didn't verify the address was mine, yet they refunded buyer. I am going to appeal.

Today I had a buyer contact me saying I received their return and wanted me to issue refund. I went to the post office and checked the tracking number they provided and it was addressed to my address. This is obviously a new scam.

Thank you for letting us know, but I don't see a scam by the info you provided in your second paragraph since you say the tracking number corresponds with your address.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@koehnsprings wrote:

I went to my local post office today and they provided me with a report showing a completely different address than mine. Ebay obviously didn't verify the address was mine, yet they refunded buyer.

As we been have explaining before, @koehnsprings. Only the sender and the recipient can get the address on the mailpiece label. eBay is neither, and like any other third party, eBay is not allowed to see that address.

In fact, the post office might have violated federal privacy laws by sharing that report showing a completely different address than mine. If that's allowed, can anybody walk in someone says they sent me a package with this tracking number, and ask for a report?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: