cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appealing cases

When did eBay stop allowing you to appeal a case? I have sold on this site for 10 years & have only received a handful of returns for that period. Twice in the last 6 months - I have received items back that have been damaged. The last one, the customer was trying to get me to send her $27 & she would keep the 'damaged' item (I knew my description was correct -(reason for return) & there was no damage when it was sent out) - I said no - send it back. She did in a $5 cheaper mailing envelope stuffed in a bag that was too small & as I knew my description was indeed correct & besides that it appeared that she had taken scissors & cut the dress. I contacted eBay & talked to several 'higher ups' who said they were now appealing for us - So besides being on the phone for around 3 hours with their support team - I sent multiple photos of how my item DID match the description & how it was sent back so damaged that I cannot relist. Besides that - I was asked to fill out an affidavit & sign. I did all they ask me to do & PROVED my case - the next day I get up to find that money had been taken out of my account - I contacted them again - No appeal was filed! Not only did I spend half a day on trying to get this done but then they did nothing! Not only did I get ripped off for over $70! - they also would not give me my seller fees or promotion fee back (so another $10+) & allowed the buy to give me bad feedback! Now I have another item being sent back that is saying it did not match the description - this one after buyer had left me good feedback. I messaged her to tell her I was confused - she sent me a message saying garment was mislabeled (this item was bought at a major department store - not some outlet - & I have sold multiple items over the years with this brand name & NEVER had a return + description had measurements) so I am probably going to get ripped off again. I have always known that regardless of why an item is returned that the buyer would be refunded but I've never not been refunded my money when I proved my case & certainly not had my seller fees not returned! Is this happening to other sellers? Is eBay gotten to where they are so desperate for money they would rip you off over a return? Twice in a 6 month period & lost well over $100 & now they are going to do it to me again????

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Appealing cases

Yep. the buyer is always right.   eBay started with no buyer protection and today it's gone a bit too far.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yep. the buyer is always right.   eBay started with no buyer protection and today it's gone a bit too far.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

So they can rip me off without be being able to do anything?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

That's correct. 

It's the word of that "poor, innocent, deceived" buyer against the word of that "lying, thieving, dishonest" seller and there is no documentation you can provide that will convince them otherwise.

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Well, I spent a few hours on here yesterday -reading posts - & I see that is not just me - but everyone is having the same problem. Bunch of **bleep** scammers & eBay is allowing them to do more. Let the **bleep**es leave their bad feedback - I'm not takings it anymore! I depend on this for part of my income but if I can be successful here - I can anywhere! Just pray a lot between now & April when the contract is up & I list sporadically freebies! If everyone (smaller sellers) would file suit - maybe when their sales are down more than they are now - they'll think twice about their 'new' Policies! eBay is REALLY to blame - they have allowed it to happen!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

had the same thing happen. Sold a car part that consisted of 5 parts, buyer received them and made up a bogus excuse on the return about it being a safety device and it was damaged, which is 100% not true, or even possible. Knew then i was in trouble....got it back, MISSING 3 of the parts. parts that rendered the rest useless and now garbage. I reported the return as missing parts/damaged for an appeal. funds got pulled that night...open an appeal, and the buyer openly admitted, he "forgot" to include the 3 parts IN A MESSAGE. eBay still sided with him, i called after 10 business days and they told me it was only 9 and that i would get a message in 2-3 more days. Waited 5....nothing. Called again...now its about principal. got that they were doing a manual refund, but it was declined. TODAY (11/3/22) i called AGAIN....so basically in a nut shell, sellers only get ONE complimentary refund from eBay IF you prove your case. That was about a year ago, so i am SOL on this one. They said the buyer did message and didnt return the whole set of parts, and i wasnt getting anything back. NO SELLER PROTECTION!!! 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Unfortunately that's correct.  To do business on eBay it's best to set aside a % of your monthly earners to pay people to scam you then later write it off on taxes.  Top rated sellers can deduct 50% off returns which lessens the blow but being scammed is being scammed.  I sit aside about $500 for the inevitable... It has greatly improved since becoming top rated though, I'm sure the first time a scammer gets 50% back and eBay gives them a one time courtesy repayment for that other 50%, it's the last time they buy from a top rated.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: