cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An international return request INAD through ebays global shipping program?

An international  buyer bought a 30$ item off me, it only cost me about 7.89 to ship to local global shipping center.  Buyer just requested a return, claiming the item wasn’t as described, saying the item, which is a shoe is wider than described, which is crap, but anyways. What do you do? before you were able to not accept this return, but now it looks like ebay makes you accept or just refund. Don’t tell me I have to pay a full international return label, which would be more than the item is worth? Or just refund the item, and give the item away for free. I’m at a lost here. If this is the way it it is with international sales now with ebays global shipping program, it’s best to just turn off international sales. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: An international return request INAD through ebays global shipping program?

@newman151blue 

If you want the shoes returned, you have to pay return shipping from their country.

You won't be able to provide a return shipping label, so you have to send them the funds to cover the shipping.

Or, refund the buyer and let them keep the shoes.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Don’t tell me I have to pay a full international return label, which would be more than the item is worth? Or just refund the item, and give the item away for free.

@newman151blue 

Those are the choices you have when a buyer makes a "not as described claim".  Had they simply filed for "doesn't fit", it would have been a remorse issue and the buyer would have to ship back on their own dime for a refund if you accept returns.   

This is a sorry predicament for a seller.  It is made worse by the fact that it doesn't matter what is returned, a refund from your proceeds will be the result. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Wow that is crap. Especially the reason she filed a return is because it was a fitting issue not an item not as described. To me it’s a false item not as described reason. The item was listed as standard width, apparently this buyer needs a wide width, but that shouldn’t qualify as an item not as described. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

LOL, how could a pair of shoes be wider than described?! 🤣🤣  Sorry, this is crazy. Okay

All shoes have a size marked on them. Even if you made s mistake on the size in description, you have a picture of what's printed on the shoe. Do you? If you do, your description is complete. 

I learned a trick few days ago. Ask Buyer to send you a copy of GSP charges. Tell him, you want to see if you could reimburse him! Once you have that, you'll know the exact cost of return shipping. Actually, you could shop around for a cheap alternative. I am pretty certain, it will be much cheaper then GSP.

I'll fight this. If the return shipping is more than sale's value, what's there to lose!? Once you have return costs, it'll be easy to decide.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

While it's great that you have EU and UK sizes in the "item specifics" section of your listing, your item descriptions only give measurements in inches.  Most of the world is on the metric system and if I were in your shoes (arr, arr), I would also state those measurements in centimetres.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@santamonicajeweler wrote:

LOL, how could a pair of shoes be wider than described?! 🤣🤣  Sorry, this is crazy. Okay

All shoes have a size marked on them. Even if you made s mistake on the size in description, you have a picture of what's printed on the shoe. Do you? If you do, your description is complete. 

I learned a trick few days ago. Ask Buyer to send you a copy of GSP charges. Tell him, you want to see if you could reimburse him! Once you have that, you'll know the exact cost of return shipping. Actually, you could shop around for a cheap alternative. I am pretty certain, it will be much cheaper then GSP.

I'll fight this. If the return shipping is more than sale's value, what's there to lose!? Once you have return costs, it'll be easy to decide.

@santamonicajeweler How would seeing the gsp information tell the op how much return shipping will be?   eBay does not guarantee that international return shipping will cost the same as the original shipping cost.   The carrier that the buyer uses could be much cheaper or more expensive. The GSP amount won't be a indication of that amount.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@pjcdn2005

It's very easy. Looking at GSP shipping costs and comparing them to what is available out there is called 'educated guess'. It can not be precise but it's 'based on knowledge and experience and therefore likely to be correct'. Once there is no price to compare or start your shipping quest, an educated guess goes a long way. Buyer in O P's case wants to Return. Seller/O P needs to pay Buyer for return shipping. To figure out the cost of shipping item back to Seller, this would be a good start and an educated guess.

Again, you don't have the shipping cost of the item from point B to point A. But you have the shipping cost from point A to point B. This cost might help one to start searching to have a relatively correct number.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

To me it’s a false item not as described reason.

@newman151blue 

For any thinking logical person if would be a false SNAD reason as well.  Unfortunately, this is ebay.  The system is automated and the veracity of a buyer's claim (other than INR) is never questioned.  CS reps are no longer allowed to provide any mediation or do anything about false claims.  They are all real claims even if they are lies that even Ray Charles could see being blind and now dead. 

Even if something is described and pictured in the listing it makes no difference.  I will use my old example of a toy robot that is missing a leg.   I put in the title, tin toy robot missing leg.  I put in the condition statement, robot is missing a leg.  I mention in the description three times the robot is missing a leg, and show five photos of the space where the leg one existed. 

If I. as the seller,  get a SNAD claim (not as described, robot is missing a leg) I lose before I even get started. An ebay staff person here told us once that even though the proverbial missing leg was described and shown, the buyer must really be unhappy about something else so the claim will stand.  

Message 9 of 9
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: