cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 30 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Community Chat, March 30 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thank you, i am not sure why i can't view most of my listings and cache and cookies are all clear

I will make search from different devices and connection

not sure what is happening

Message 31 of 44
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

jasmen@ebay wrote:

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques do you have the newest version of the app? Maybe try to uninstall and reinstall it. I see it showing on my end too! Once you have the newest version downloaded can you send me a screenshot of your search screen and I can reach out to the right team to see what's going on. Thanks! 

jasmen@ebay I juet uninstalled/reinstalled Android app - no image search.

Screenshot_20220330-164748_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220330-164713_eBay.jpg

Thanks for the screenshot @valueaddedresource I'm being told right now it's only available on Apple products and will be coming to Android shortly! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 32 of 44
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

tyler@ebay Yes, I'm seeing it in listings made from scratch (I use Six Bit, don't know if that makes a difference). Maybe you could look at one of my newest listings....perhaps buyers aren't seeing it on their end?

As to the video tutorial, I'm personally pretty good with store home page and about page , it's revising or setting up my existing store categories where I'm unclear.  If I were starting with a brand new store and zero listings, I think it wouldn't be too hard to manage, but I have a lot of existing categories and over 700 listings....and I'm just not sure how to go about changing them.

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques - noted on your store video suggestion- I'll get that one submitted!

I see the old listing frame on your newly listed items (cutebunny ceramic by the way! I love Spring). I know that the Stores team said 'late March' for release but we're running out of runway there. I'll see if I can get an update. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 33 of 44
latest reply

Wondering if there has been any response from the new listing tool time regarding my feedback from last weeks chat here:  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Discussion-with-eBay/Community-Chat-March-23-1-00-pm-PT-General...  ??

The need for direct entry of item specifics without having to open, verify and close a pop-up windowss for every single item specific is still strongly desired to speed listing creation.  Jewelry listings, for example have over 25 specifics. Please check on this.

I also wanted to point out that the feedback pop-up given for the new listings tool allows only 500 characters of text only.  There is no way to upload screenshots to the feedback or to write a longer feedback to explain the problem and ideas to fix it.  I have some ideas on how the tool could be improved that are very hard to describe without screen shots.  Can we get a more advanced feedback mechanism in place for the new listing tool feedback?  This pops up when you switch from the new tool back to the current tool.

Finally, any word on when access to the old tool will be disabled?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 34 of 44
latest reply

Message 35 of 44
latest reply

@creativecrisis wrote:

There's been a recent change with the Store newsletter templates that makes no sense. We have 3 choices now: welcome, new inventory, and coupon promotion. There's no longer a way to let subscribers know about other kinds of promotions, e.g., BOGO or category-specific sales. There's also no longer a way for sellers to choose the listings we want displayed on the newsletter -- it just displays some kind of random selection.

As far as I know, this change wasn't announced, and it's extremely limiting. As a seller, I want to advertise all the promotions I do, not just coupons. I definitely want to have input into which listings are displayed on my newsletter.

While I do like many of the new store features, I'm frustrated with these newsletter limitations and baffled about who comes up with such changes ... and how? Are real sellers ever consulted? Are we ever going to see transparent communication from the Stores team about what they're up to and their rationale?

Hi @creativecrisis! You don't have to offer a coupon. If you set up a promotion with BOGO then you can select it for your email. If you're not finding the option to do that, will you create a post with some screen shots of what you're seeing?

I just went into my own account and was able to create a buyer group and assigned a BOGO promo, selected a photo to use, etc. I'll include a screen shot of the preview below and a link to the eBay Store newsletter help page here in case you haven't seen it yet. 

velvetebay_0-1648673754566.png

Velvet,
eBay
Message 36 of 44
latest reply

jasmen@ebay Yep, Android here....

Message 37 of 44
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

jasmen@ebay 

I have Version 6.51.02  Is that the latest version?

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques Are you on an Apple product or an Android? It's only available on Apple right now.  

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 38 of 44
latest reply

Thanks for joining the weekly chat this week - it is now closed from further replies but we will continue to work through to ensure that questions receive a response. 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 39 of 44
latest reply

@slrodster wrote:

When will ebay allow Standard Envelope Tracking to be available for Stickers?

We ship thousands of stickers per year and cant offer tracking since most stickers we sell are around $2.50 and buyer's will not pay for first class tracking for that low cost of an item tried many times so we have to ship by stamp and to being able to offer Ebay standard envelope would help us alot. The category we use alot is in Video games & consoles under Faceplate,Decals &  stickers but any sticker seller in other category would help alot for seller and buyers to have this feature.

Hi @slrodster  - I haven't heard any rumors of eBay Standard Envelope being expanded into the stickers category, but I'll make sure that this suggestion is made!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 40 of 44
latest reply

@mi-294 wrote:

Hello,

When i am making a search for many of my items, lets say

Cyprus Coins Set 1977

nothing appears but i have 2 listings with those words

same goes for the item

Pansoap cosmetics 3x donkey milk natural soap

even if i use all the title of the listing nothing appears

02875 pansoap cosmetics 3x donkey milk natural soap 360g dermatologically tested

my question is because my traffic is also very low and my sales are 40% low

is ebay ghosting my listings and store?

(i have knowledge about web development and algorithms and i know it can be done)

if ebay is not ghosting my listings and store why then is happening?

Thank you

Hmmm, I'm not sure why you're not seeing them @mi-294...unless you tried to look within 24 hours of listing them as it can take some time for them to index. I ran a search for 'cyprus coins set 1977' and your listings were the top two in my search results. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 41 of 44
latest reply

Hi @babclassics there's no updates yet but know your feedback is being shared, thank you! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

@easterbasset wrote:

I can't get much of an answer on questions I have about timeline of the Void Label process.  I don't understand why the turnaround time for refund to eventually show up in my funds using MP is now slower than pre-MP/PayPal era.

Neither eBay or USPS Customer Support are knowledgeable about the way the two interface. There has got to be people that know answers to how the two interact.

I would think as soon as a "Void Label" request happens on eBay, the Tracking number should be rendered unusable.

Why is it 3 weeks for refund? If a shipment with correct label is delivered, and order even has rec'd feedback, can't MP let me have the charge refunded within 24 hours of buyer receiving order? eBay has the humongous bank vault of all the payments. What is the point in holding seller's $ excessively long.

I only Void labels if at last minute during preparing a shipment, the final weight of whole package ends up heavier than what I expected when I printed label. Or when I swap a Priority Flat rate , or PM by wgt, or Regional Rate for another of those 3 services depending on factors that make some orders have same delivery time but varying prices.

Even more confusing is this blurb that displays right after Voiding a LabScreenshot 2022-03-29 at 10-04-29 Ship your order.png

el.

I'm sorry for any confusion surrounding voiding labels @easterbasset but that process hasn't really changed. It took up to 21-days to get the refund from USPS pre-MP. I'll include the following help page with info about voiding labels and hopefully that will help to clarify the process. As for the 'why' behind the process, that's the time USPS reserves to review and possibly process the void request/refund. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 43 of 44
latest reply

@maxoptical wrote:

I agree I should not be held to the standards of eGD program but I am.  I have exhausted all avenues for support with no resolution. Over a year of trying to get this fixed.   I don't want to have these defects being applied to my account for a program that no longer exists.  My exposure is being limited due to these false defects.

How can I get this resolved?

John Norman
eBay Seller Maxoptical

Hi @maxoptical - Continuing to work with CS to have misses or late shipments reviewed and removed if necessary is the appropriate course of action. As I mentioned, I'll make sure this situation is reported from my end, but I cannot address account specific issues like appealing the individual misses. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 44 of 44
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: