cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 24 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Edit: Please read the FAQ about the new "All Selling" page here.

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 158
latest reply
157 REPLIES 157

Re: Community Chat, March 24 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Are there any plans to address the return policy on sports cards? With the current volatility in card prices, many sports cards are being purchased and held to see if the price will rise or fall during the extended return window.  If there is a drop in value, cards can be returned during this time frame at no risk to the buyer. 

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 76 of 158
latest reply

I think the opinion of someone who has been a loyal member of eBay for  22 years should be respected.  How then, me a fairly new member, is heard.  It would appear that eBay is not about listening to its members.  I am curious to see what will be end game.

Message 77 of 158
latest reply

Seller Hub requires manual addition to track Managed Payments cash flow

It is possible to use Seller Hub Managed Payment Payouts link to track cash flow. The link from the payout email goes to a summary window with the payout amount. The link in the summary window goes to a detail window. The detail window lists component transaction amounts but does not include gross (sale) amount and fee totals. How was the utility of total gross and fee amounts overlooked?

Why is the "Net" column in the "Payout details" window labeled "Amount" in the "Payouts" window? Why are out of band holds listed in a separate "Payout Summary Panel"? Is there no way to present the data in a multi-column spreadsheet format that could be entered as a split transaction in an accounting package? If the "Related Transactions" panel in the "Payout details" window lists more than ten transactions or possibly hundreds of transactions, what is the likelihood than adding up the Fees and (gross) Amount(s) will be accurate.

What prompted eBay designers to use the word "Amount" to label the gross amount in the Payout details window and "Amount" to label the net amount in the Payouts (summary) window? Is no one in charge of web design at eBay?

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 78 of 158
latest reply

Exactly. These people are completely out of touch with sellers. They might have sold a few things on ebay themselves, but they don't manage large scale stores on an everyday basis like many of us do. The seller page 'reformating' is atrocious and another example of them not caring a bit what OUR experience is like.

Message 79 of 158
latest reply

Never gonna happen.  I have been complaining about this for the last 6ish years.  Also they continually do nothing about people who deliberately bypass the PO box blocks.

Message 80 of 158
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

The New All Selling page that replaces the Classic My eBay Selling pages is VERY poor.  Here is an initial list of problems:

-NO running monthly total (sales dollars)

-NO running number of Auctions with bids

-NO running number of bids on above Auctions

-NO Link to the Shipping Labels page

-NO link to the Deleted file

ALL of the above are on the Classic pages in about a 2" square area, its a quick check I make just to see if anything is happening and is RIGHT THERE  when the page opens, I DON'T have to go searching for Auction listings to even see if I got any bids.  When eBay's Seller Hub rolled out it was based on 31 day totals ... we told you back then that that is worthless information.  It's still worthless, we need MONTHLY amounts and totals, just like the rest of the world runs on, MONTHLY ELECTRIC BILL, MONTHLY EBAY INVOICE, MONTHLY CREDIT CARD BILL, MONTHLY COMCAST BILL, MONTHLY, MONTHLY MONTHLY. 

-The Active list display quantities on the Classic pages were 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 200 and NOW they are 5, 10, 25, Show all?  Seriously???  Of course this goes with the fact that every new page roll out has shown LESS information PER PAGE and this new page is true to form, fewer items per screen and LOTS AND LOTS of SCROLLING.

-As usual, too much worthless information at the top of the page resulting in wasted space ... that has been a reoccurring thee for the last several years ...

Pictorial illustration below ...

1 ALL SELLING.jpg

Thanks for your input @mr_lincoln! If you haven't already please make sure you're sharing this feedback via the 'Comments?' link so that the development team gets your notes! 

tyler@ebay  I can't post a screen shot on the Comments link ... the first 5 Comments I left were not pretty I was so angry ... who in their right mind would create a page WITHOUT totals on the month?  Seriously, the whole stinkin' world runs on a monthly basis!!!

Are you saying that you guys passing on our comprehensive comments from the Weekly Chat has no impact?

------

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 81 of 158
latest reply

@ptrainermel wrote:

Like many others I am very unhappy the Classis View selling page is no longer available. It was clear, concise, and extremely user friendly. I was able to quickly scan active, sold, unsold, drafts, etc. all from one page. This has now been replaced with the new seller hub "selling overview" page...which is an absolute disaster. I have now used this format for over a week now and my opinion has not changed....It is by far the worst change I have experienced on eBay in the +10 years I have sold on here. I currently have 4 different eBay account -2 store subscriptions, 1 regular selling account for items not related to my store items, and 1 account used mostly for private/non business purchases. Last year my total money taken in through ebay was just over $125k....I will be 100% honest, I am very seriously considering shutting my selling accounts down in response to this new format change forced upon us sellers. It is honestly that poor. Ebay managed to take something that worked very well, was user friendly...and turn it into an absolute mess. Myself as well as many other sellers are now wasting valuable time clicking on several pages just to see something that was readily visible all on one page. Now I have 3 open tabs at all times & spend precious time searching for things that used to be easily visible. This was obviously a change for the sake of making a change and the results are beyond poor. I have gone about my business and not said a word when I was forced into MP.... kept quiet through the huge rise in eBay scams/theft that eBay seems to condone by their lack of action against it to protect their sellers...and dealt with the ridiculously poor customer service through the entire Covid pandemic. All that said, this change is by far the worst thing I have dealt with on this sight. I realize I am a relatively small fish in a big pond here....but this change is going to push alot of loyal long term sellers away....And for what? Simply for the sake of making a change. So stupid!

Hi @ptrainermel - I'm sorry to hear that this change is causing you to rethink your business with us across so many accounts! I'd encourage you to share your input and feedback on this change by using the 'Comments?' link in the corner of the page. This will ensure the development team in charge of the page receives it. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 82 of 158
latest reply

I agree! Anyone who is good at writing code should be able to create something as usable as the Classic View. This new view is horrible. If eBay need to hire staff that is better at writing code, that should be a priority to keep sellers and buyers happy. If we all leave to go to another platform, there will not be jobs for anyone at eBay. 

Message 83 of 158
latest reply

Everything here is the problem - just listen to us Ebay. WE WANT THE CLASSIC SELLING PAGE BACK! Fix the old code and format it in the same style. 

Message 84 of 158
latest reply

Small fish is what built eBay. I agree if it is not fixed I am going to find somewhere else to sell this is the last straw for me. If the programmers can create that mess surely the can write something simple user friendly. If not I know quite a few people who could come up with something (Not rocket science).

Message 85 of 158
latest reply

The option to enroll in Guaranteed Delivery appears intermittently. GD has been put on my listings somewhat constantly. I have not been enrolled for several years.

I received a negative feedback because a package did not arrive by the promised date.
I didn't enroll in the program or promise a delivery date.
I can not control Postal Workers, locally or out of state.
Is there some provision within the Seller Protection that can get this removed?
Kindly don't suggest that I ask submit a Feedback Revision Request.

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here.

Message 86 of 158
latest reply

I don't think anyone are on those links, been telling reps, cs and links OR every time I call in for ebay to add combine shipping to the app, even found the post from 3 years ago and was told your working on it.  Yet I still lose sales weekly because buyers can't request a invoice off the app, lost $60 sale just last night.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 87 of 158
latest reply

You're right - they don't care and it shows in how unhappy sellers like me have become. I'm definitely shopping around for different selling platforms this week - time to pull up stakes.

Message 88 of 158
latest reply

Microsoft didn't go from old generation (XP) to new generation (Win7,8,10) by releasing it piecemeal.  If ebay isn't happy with the old code, why haven't they produced the 'new generation ebay' on a private, closed system with appropriate testing and oversight instead of causing all the problems, glitches and discontent - over the years - that has marked ebay as a real 'pain'?

Taking input and utilizing it is two very different matters.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 89 of 158
latest reply

@ihave2manycars wrote:

I know that there is minimal chance of the old eBay sellers page coming back, but can you ask, beg grovel, plead with the group that designed the new page to give us back our old page until something new and improved, THAT BENEFITS THE SELLERS, can be developed? I would be happy if they would ask sellers for input on what WE need. My guess is that the group responsible for this mess don’t sell, or only sell minimal quantities of items.

It’s a nightmare to see what I need to ship. That for me is my first priority, customer service. Or let me sort how I want to send my orders. The sold page will show you in newest to oldest what was sold, and you have to LOOK to see if it was paid for. It should be the oldest order first, not last! And after we ship, the “to be shipped orders” go away or we have to refresh. Maybe a page that shows the seller what we need to get out. Then give us a page to see what we are still waiting to get paid for.

I really understand it’s your sandbox, and if we don’t like it we can go away. But c’mon…why are you guys making it more difficult for us? Enhance the buying experience, not the selling! For those of us who have been here a while, we know what we are doing.  Because without sellers, there are less buyers, and less buyers is lower revenue, and we all know what a slippery slope that can become. Please.

And if the programmers don’t have anything to do here are a couple of suggestions...

Verify ship to addresses with the customer name on file

Change the program so it recognizes that Puerto Rico is a USA address, not an international address.

@ihave2manycars - I appreciate your thoughtful feedback on the change and would encourage you use the 'Tell us what you think' link on the page to get your feedback directly to the development team. Thanks!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 90 of 158
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: