cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Feb 7th @ 1pm PT - eBay Guaranteed Delivery

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

We made some updates to eBay Guaranteed Delivery to improve the program for sellers:

• First, using eBay labels is no longer a requirement for the handling time option of eBay Guaranteed Delivery.
  • Second, through June 30th eBay will make it right for your buyer if they receive their item late, even if you miss your handling time or the carrier scans the package late. This means that if a buyer receives their item past the guaranteed date and raises a case, eBay will either reimburse their shipping cost or provide a free return label, buyer’s choice.
  • Also, have you tried out the Guaranteed Delivery bulk editing tool? It shows you which of your listings aren’t yet guaranteed, and how to update them. Use the “Updates” filter on the left to see which listings aren’t meeting specific program requirements, then update them in bulk.

We’re working toward opening up the program to more sellers in the coming months, and will email sellers when it’s time to opt in.

Any questions on eBay Guaranteed Delivery? Join this chat with the Shipping team and let us know.

About this chat:
This chat thread will be open from 1-2pm Pacific on Wed Feb 7th. The thread will close at 2pm, and the eBay team will continue to answer questions after the hour is up if there are questions that we do not get to during the hour. 

The topic of the chat is eBay Guaranteed Delivery - please be aware that off-topic posts will be removed. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 100
latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

Re: Community Chat, Feb 7th @ 1pm PT - eBay Guaranteed Delivery

Bye folks. Gotta go pick up my pup from her surgery. See y’all next week. Thanks to the eBay team for everything! 😀
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 31 of 100
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:
Hi Alan
Will there be a chat about the new payment processor? People are upset.
Off topic but important! Thank you!

Hi @mg152

It is off-topic but I'll let this one fly considering the news. We're not going to have a dedicated chat on the topic, but we'll be happy to join in any existing threads. Tag us and we'll see what info we can provide. 

Thanks!

@alan can you show us the people we should be tagging?  and is it just putting alan@ebay  in the message?

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 32 of 100
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
Could you elaborate on the June 30 issue? Is that just for guaranteed delivery?
I have no idea how to get GD on my listings. Thank you!

@mg152 Hi - All 3 topics are for Guaranteed Delivery. If you go to ebay.com/GuaranteedDelivery and click Opt In Now, you'll either be able to opt in or receive a message that you're on the waitlist. We're working on opening the program up to many more sellers in the next couple months

Message 33 of 100
latest reply

thanks!
Message 34 of 100
latest reply

wrote:
I tried opting in to the GD program months ago and was told I was on the Waiting List. Do I need to opt in again,or should I just continue to wait for ebay to eventually get around to actually opting me in?

Hi again.. very shortly you will hear an update that greatly expands the number of sellers that join guaranteed delivery. You dont have long to wait. Thank you so much for following up..

Message 35 of 100
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
Could you elaborate on the June 30 issue? Is that just for guaranteed delivery?
I have no idea how to get GD on my listings. Thank you!

@mg152 Hi! The June 30 news is specifically for Guaranteed Delivery. Through June 30, we're extending additional late delivery protections for sellers. If you go to ebay.com/GuaranteedDelivery and click Opt In Now, you'll either be able to opt in or receive a message that you're on the waitlist. We're working to open up the program to more many sellers in the next couple months. 

Message 36 of 100
latest reply

wrote:
When the GD program was first opened up, I saw two common objections from sellers: 1. Some sellers did not want to give up their third party mail label program. To its credit, eBay has apparently now eliminated that objection. 2. Some sellers objected to the "immediate payment" requirement, because they have buyers who often buy multiple items from multiple listings and want combined shipping. Will eBay finally fix check out to that buyers can request an invoice in these situations, or will this objection remain?

Hi again! Yes we are doing as much as we can to remove obstacles and objections based on what we hear from sellers - starting with removing labels requirement, and also cover these "make right" costs. AND we are also actively working removing such factors like Immediate Pay for Guaranteed Delivery so that you can return to allowing buyers to request invoices. I dont have a timeline but know that it is in the pipeline.. thanks

Message 37 of 100
latest reply

labs118,
Right now, ebay covers the cost ONLY IF the seller has MET his handling time. The change is: from now until June 30th, ebay will cover the cost EVEN IF the seller does NOT meet his handling time. I assume after June 30th, it will go back to the original method.
Message 38 of 100
latest reply

Thanks!
Message 39 of 100
latest reply

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Message 40 of 100
latest reply

Was asked to post this as seller cannot be here due to Appointment
Can someone look at this thread about glitch with guaranteed delivery
Thank you
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Guaranteed-Delivery-new-glitch-2-7/m-p/28088898#M1143424

Message 41 of 100
latest reply

I have tracking that is scanned every day for two weeks and is" in Transit to destination".  So do I tell my customer about guaranteed delivery or does the buyer already know?  I offer one day shipping.

Thanks.

Message 42 of 100
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:
Hi Alan
Will there be a chat about the new payment processor? People are upset.
Off topic but important! Thank you!

Hi @mg152

It is off-topic but I'll let this one fly considering the news. We're not going to have a dedicated chat on the topic, but we'll be happy to join in any existing threads. Tag us and we'll see what info we can provide. 

Thanks!

@alan can you show us the people we should be tagging?  and is it just putting alan@ebay  in the message?

@you just put an @ and then type our username and select them from the pop-up box. 

The best people to tag for general questions are:

alan@ebay

trinton@ebay

brian.t@ebay

tyler@ebay

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 43 of 100
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

While this type of service sounds really, really handy (especially from a buyer's point), what is the REAL draw for a shipper to use it?  It makes zero logical sense to expect a shipping service to be "guaranteed" to deliver on a certain day when dealing with things like natural catastrophes, weird shipping hub delays - or even just weather.  Seriously.

And please do not patronize us with "but eBay promises to take all that into consideration".  Unfortunately, most of us have real life experience with shipping delays beyond our control and eBay's "understanding". 

~M

@terrycanarsky Hi - totally get it. Carriers don't always deliver on time. With the handling time option of Guaranteed Delivery, the seller guarantees same- or 1-day handling, and eBay will determine and guarantee the date to the buyer. In many cases, sellers are already doing same- or 1-day handling. So Guaranteed Delivery helps gives them higher listing visibility (for free) for something they're already doing. 

Message 44 of 100
latest reply

USPS regional flat rate boxes A and B would be great options to offer faster cost effective guaranteed deilvery for heavy small items.  I am allowed to print such labels within eBay, but i can't offer the service as a calculated cost! The problem is, these 2 options are not allowed in shipping business rules.  Seems almost every other possible option is allowed as a shipping choice.  Can we please get USPS regional flat rate A and B  added to shipping business poicies?

Message 45 of 100
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: