cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

verification to get into Ebay each time . WHY WHY WHY? it is not necessary EVERY TIME

Lately every single time, I sign into EBAy up pops a captiva or lock puzzle to get in . this is not necessary and sometimes after verification, it makes you verify again. WHY WHY WHY?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

verification to get into Ebay each time . WHY WHY WHY? it is not necessary EVERY TIME

try personal settings on desk top windows to set to not sign in after screen sleep hd sleep.
Message 2 of 34
latest reply

My browser does not like reCAPTCHA because it functions as a POP-UP window.
Changing my browser settings to allow popups from eBay and Google did not help.
This was poorly designed.
The pictures should be embedded within an eBay page.
That would solve the problem.
Better yet, allow users to opt out.
In the meanwhile, try this old link without Facebook and other sign-in options.
https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

I called ebay with this complaint and was told there is nothing I can do to change it. I have my account set to, "remain signed in" but it doesn't matter. And what's worse, is I can be in the middle of something, and after I sign in again, I lose what I was doing. Sometimes it's in the middle of a listing. This can't be normal! 

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

@downrightspecialkids wrote:

I called ebay with this complaint and was told there is nothing I can do to change it. I have my account set to, "remain signed in" but it doesn't matter. And what's worse, is I can be in the middle of something, and after I sign in again, I lose what I was doing. Sometimes it's in the middle of a listing. This can't be normal! 

iF IT IS DYSFUNCTIONAL THEN IT IS NORMAL......for feebay

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 5 of 34
latest reply

@downrightspecialkids 

Make sure that your browser is not set to reject cookies, or is not constantly erasing them. It might also be worth trying another browser to see if it behaves differently.

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Same here getting very annoying. First time I called eBay said to change my password, clear out my history etc. Not really the problem but I did it anyway and it got worse. Then they said it was on my PC. Wife has Apple same happens for her.

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

@ss-coins 

Sometimes when eBay changes the sign-in process, it causes problems for some users; sometimes those problems are due to using an old browser or obsolete  cookies.

If you are having issues signing in or getting stuck in a verification loop or stuck with a verification page that does not work, here are my general sign-in tips and recommendations:

Make sure you are allowing the sign-in page to load completely before attempting to sign in -- others have indicated that attempting to sign in before the page has loaded can cause problems.

Make sure your browser is set to accept cookies, or try another browser. Make sure your browser allows javascript. VPNs can also cause sign-in issues, so try disabling yours if you use one.

If you still have problems, when you get to a sign-in page again, delete everything in the URL after the .dll part, so that the address looks like this:

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

Then hit 'enter' to load that page -- that should give you the old pre-Facebook sign-in. Once you have signed in there, if eBay gives you another new sign-in page or verification page, click on the eBay logo to go to the main page, and you should be signed in at that point, at least until eBay changes things again.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

I was in IT for 35 years the last 18 at the VP level. So this it is your browser **bleep** doesn't fly with me especially as my wife is having intermittent problems with this and has an Apple. I have been on eBay for 20+ years FYI.  I just spent 53 minutes with a very good eBay customer service rep(rare)  and this is what I found out. IT IS A KNOWN PROBLEM. There IT department is estimating a fix by 12/21, 

HURRAY

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Will add  make certain your browser is update to the  latest configuration.   Any time we had sign in issues I updated my browser - we run Fire Fox primarily with IE as a  back up.

And when thing get  really quirky I run  the "free version" of Malwarebytes.org

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
The "browser answer" is a common one with ALL websites, when they DO NOT have a really answer to the problem at hand.

PEOPLE...IT IS NOT YOUR BROWSER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Sometimes it takes me 10 times to set it right, then, I sign in, and it asks again, another 5-6 times. THIS IS TERRIBLE FOR SELLERS! TIME IS MONEY

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

I agree it is not the browser. The only time I have problems is when I try to work here at ebay! My sign in issues have been on going since October 23 !!!

EBay's security team needs an overhaul.

No issues at other sites so it has to be ebay...

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

This is very annoying to see sign in at every corner you turn.

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Also I had reboot my computer and put in safe mode to sign into this discussion. 

Amazon has got to love eBay's glitches. 

Message 15 of 34
latest reply