sold ltems

the sold listings come up then disappear instantly

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: sold ltems

Poked around a bit more: Easylist rule is failing because elements like
<div class="s-item__title-tag">Sold Mar 22, 2019</div>
are found in the legitimate search results, and that rule (as outlined above in previous post) removes the entire LI element containing the matched element, and the LI element is the entire search result. Repeat for all the result LI elements and you get no results.

Still don't know what the rule is supposed to target, nothing ad-like on the page matches it, but as written it is a fail. Too broad or just targeting the wrong thing.
Message 31 of 47
latest reply

@berserkerplanet 

I am in awe that you can do this & so Thankful for all the time you take to help here 

The screen shot above I gave you had your rule that you said to ad & the one above it which I know I never added & had no idea what it is or how it got there

🙏  Thank you so very much 

I removed the 1st rule you had me add yesterday , slide easy list back on & now added the 2 new rukes and of course it WORKS like a charm 

the screen shot from yesterday I gave was Incase that added filter I didn’t put their might be the problem 

like I said I had not added it & wondered if it could

have been the problem but either way I left it  & the my filter list has been updated to add the 2 above & all is great now 

again thanks for all the time you invested to help all of us 

Message 32 of 47
latest reply

And sorry for any typo's 
using the iPhone  this morning & always hitting the wrong letters

Message 33 of 47
latest reply

You're most welcome.

Awesome that it worked out of the box grin The added rules worked for me, but I have a weird setup (WinXP, Firefox 52, HOSTS filtering, etc), and not always sure my stuff translates to other setups running latest updates.

Even though this wasn't an issue for me I could see it was a pretty big problem for many, and was pretty sure I had deduced what was wrong, but frustrated I couldn't replicate the problem to be able to work on a fix. So I bit the bullet and set up another browser, and all was then revealed.

Actually the first rule is a nuke (an adblocking rule to take care of straggler ads I came across), but the second is an element hiding exception rule that is actually what fixes the sold/completed issue and counteracts the bad rule in the Easylist ruleset (exception rules have precedence over blocking or element hiding rules, so that approach works - the Easylist rule is still there in the Easylist ruleset and wants to hide the search results, but the exception rule comes along and negates that hiding)

As I said, hopefully the Easylist folks will respond to the report someone else registered on the issue, and will fix that rule up and push out an update, and you can leave the 2 rules added when that happens, or can delete them (or you can leave them and comment them out by inserting a ! in front of them - then if ever needed again you can uncomment them)

Message 34 of 47
latest reply

In Firefox , Go up to the ADBLOCKER PLUS Icon and turn it off for eBay , It worked for me .

Message 35 of 47
latest reply

I'm having this issue now as well but I use uBlock Origin. I stopped using ABP when it became clear they would whitelist any ad domain that paid them money.

Message 36 of 47
latest reply

@turtlehouse47 wrote:

I'm having this issue now as well but I use uBlock Origin. I stopped using ABP when it became clear they would whitelist any ad domain that paid them money.

uBlock or Ad block plus either that use the Easy list
That is the problem
If you go to post #30 above and follow the instruction to add your own 2 filters that berserkerplanet supplied in the box then you will be fine 

At 1 point I did slide  my Easy list off but could not handle all the Ads thrown on my ebay pages & then forget about when I went to other places on the internet with that easylist off my experience on the net STUNK . 

find your Advanced and add those 2 filters it should fix it. It did on Ad block plus

Message 37 of 47
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:

You're most welcome.

Awesome that it worked out of the box grin The added rules worked for me, but I have a weird setup (WinXP, Firefox 52, HOSTS filtering, etc), and not always sure my stuff translates to other setups running latest updates.

Even though this wasn't an issue for me I could see it was a pretty big problem for many, and was pretty sure I had deduced what was wrong, but frustrated I couldn't replicate the problem to be able to work on a fix. So I bit the bullet and set up another browser, and all was then revealed.

Actually the first rule is a nuke (an adblocking rule to take care of straggler ads I came across), but the second is an element hiding exception rule that is actually what fixes the sold/completed issue and counteracts the bad rule in the Easylist ruleset (exception rules have precedence over blocking or element hiding rules, so that approach works - the Easylist rule is still there in the Easylist ruleset and wants to hide the search results, but the exception rule comes along and negates that hiding)

As I said, hopefully the Easylist folks will respond to the report someone else registered on the issue, and will fix that rule up and push out an update, and you can leave the 2 rules added when that happens, or can delete them (or you can leave them and comment them out by inserting a ! in front of them - then if ever needed again you can uncomment them)

Wish I could give you 1000's of helpfuls 
so happy . 
thanks again

Message 38 of 47
latest reply

"find your Advanced and add those 2 filters it should fix it. It did on Ad block plus"

I have no idea how to do this, I imagine most of us do not know how.  Ebay just makes it harder all the time, this is not something I should have to spend time doing.

Message 39 of 47
latest reply

@jim1024 

"find your Advanced and add those 2 filters it should fix it. It did on Ad block plus"

I have no idea how to do this, I imagine most of us do not know how.

Click on your ad blocker icon, and open up the settings, and choose the advanced options. There should be a place to add or edit custom filter rules. The heavy lifting has already been done (thanks, berserkerplanet!), you just need to copy and paste. The new rules should bypass the overly aggressive rule that is causing the issue.

If you get stuck, post some details of your particular ad blocker brand and version, and someone will try to provide more detailed instructions.

Ebay just makes it harder all the time, this is not something I should have to spend time doing.

Except in this case it is not eBay making things harder, it is your ad blocker's EasyList filter subscription that is making things harder.

You don't have to fix it. You can turn off your ad blocker and leave it off, or just turn it off to search completed items, or whitelist eBay, or subscribe to a different filter list, or just wait for someone else to update EasyList.

But you can fix it.

Message 40 of 47
latest reply

@jim1024 wrote:

I have no idea how to do this, I imagine most of us do not know how.  Ebay just makes it harder all the time, this is not something I should have to spend time doing.

Once again it isn't ebay
It is our Easylist in our Ad blockers & Ublock they updated recently and added a filter that is causing the issue .
If you use Ad block plus click it open . there is a round gear setting you click 

Then on the left  click Advance tab , bottom of my filter list click edit filters
copy & paste the 2 rules from post 30 into the My filter list as shown
It's very easy & solves the problem until 

ad block plus filter list 3-19 2.JPG

Message 41 of 47
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

Your a fast poster , sorry by the time I wrote my post you already beat me to it Smiley Surprised

Message 42 of 47
latest reply

@labs118 

Adding your picture showing the new filters was probably the difference -- you definitely would have beat me if I had tried to include a photo.

Message 43 of 47
latest reply

Thanks. after working on this for about an hour, I finally stumbled on uBlock icon. never noticed it before. (I'm old) I think I fixed the problem of seeing sold items. Thanks to all of you guys,
Message 44 of 47
latest reply

Thank you.

Message 45 of 47
latest reply