cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"All Lists" Gone! (Again!)

The workaround link for "All Lists" that was posted in forums after eBay deleted the 'all lists' button, now only defaults to 'Watch List'.

This is a grave error by eBay & will reduce sales.

Ebay should:

1: Restore the old 'All Lists' button, so buyers can see all the items on all their various lists in one place sorted by ending soonest.

2: Actually communicate with community to explain what they're doing & why, don't just make fundamental changes to the site that radically degrade the experience, without explaining what & why (!)

3: Stop limiting the quantity of items we can watch, & access to those saved items!

The whole attraction of eBay is the Search, & saving the items we like to lists for review. The only real reason for having more lists available other than 'Watch List' & 'Wish List', is because the total allowable items to watch in any list is way too small for a serious searcher.

If eBay eliminates the ability to see all those lists in one, it will drastically reduce the fun & effectiveness of Searching.

Buyers won't be able to see items ending soonest without opening each list & will lose the prompt to buy. This is going to radically ruin the functionality of the site & reduce revenue.

As an ancient eBayer who has given this site a vast amount of business, I'm registering my disapproval with this sudden, immensely problematic change:

PLEASE BRING BACK "ALL LISTS" !!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: "All Lists" Gone! (Again!)

I'm experiencing this problem as well. I think it may be a bug. It started doing this yesterday, but I was eventuallly able to get it to work properly after clicking My Ebay a few times. Today it started off not working correctly. I did after many attempts get it to work once for a while, but then it crapped out and was defaulting to "watch list" (which i have nothing in) again. I really hope it is a bug. I've been on Ebay forever, and using all lists is the only sane way to follow the items on all of my different lists.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Yep! Same here 😞

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

skydog2000
Scout

Spot on OP.  

Honestly, whomever thought that eliminating the "All List" feature from Watchlist was a good idea to begin with, should be fired.  It represents a complete lack of critical thinking, and the inability to play out even the most basic of probabilities and unintended consequences before initiating such a change.

EBAY: BRING BACK THE "ALL LISTS" OPTION IN WATCLIST PLEASE!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Please bring back the all lists please!!!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Echoing all of the above: the 'All Lists' option is / was probably the most useful feature on the site. I have a number of custom lists, in part to keep my research items separate from personal purchases, gift purchases, and so forth. I used 'All Lists' to see everything closing in a 24-hr period, in chronological order. Made it really easy to plan bids, keep track of items on sale, and weigh my options. It also made finding relisted items a breeze, so 'housekeeping' wasn't too onerous a chore.

Without the 'All Lists' feature, this is no longer true. If I have to go through each individual list, and use pen and paper to create my daily plan -- so very 19th Century! -- well, I'm probably just not going to bother, or at least not that often. Much as I depend on eBay for research materials, I simply don't have the time, energy, or inclination to spend an hour or more every day on making a spreadsheet; not when I *ought* to be able to have all of that information in front of me by clicking a single link.

I said in another post on this topic that it seems to me that, so long as eBay has ad revenue coming in, they have no problem with making site users work three times as hard to generate half the previous number of sales. I don't say this as a newbie, either; I've been here as both seller and buyer for 20+ years. I don't want to give up on the site, and thus on the wonderful folks who I've dealt with over the years. This issue might not be the proverbial straw -- I'm pretty stubborn. But I've gotta say, this is *one* camel, stubborn or not, who's looking for a back brace.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

skydog2000
Scout

eBay:  Please fix this, ASAP.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

skydog2000
Scout

I wonder how many unique threads from separate users on a singular/specific issue it takes to get any sort of response/action?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Now that eBay has made Lists vastly more tedious by eliminating the 'All Lists' view (without warning or explanation), I hope you'll consider some compensatory improvements to Lists:
1: Have them format properly for PDF.
2: Allow other views(gallery) & sorting.
3: Allow search of lists
4: Allow archiving, saving & downloading lists
5: Allow us to change the name of each list
6: Bring back All Lists!
Thx.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply