cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not getting notifications for purchases, accepted or rejected offers

I made an offer on an item yesterday that was accepted last night. However, I didn't receive a notification from eBay. I only discovered the offer was accepted because I checked my "purchase" history to get a tracking number for a previous purchase, and I saw the unpaid item. Now that I think about it, I don't recall receiving any notifications recently from eBay, other than messages from members.

I checked my Yahoo webmail acocunt, which I have set up to save all incoming emails for 30 days, including spam. During that period I purchased 6 items on eBay and didn't receive any notifictions. I'm still receiving all member-to-member messages in my yahoo inbox.

Naturally, I checked my commication preferences on eBay and verfied the 'Won' setting was set to 'realtime' (not sure if this controls offer rejected/accepted notifications).

I called eBay, and after doing some investigation, the rep said this issue has not otherwise been reported so she created a ticket. I'm not holding my breath for a follow-up.

I don't see any recent traffic in this forum on notification emails so it's not likely a sitewide issue, given that it's been a problem for me for at least a month.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: not getting notifications for purchases, accepted or rejected offers

I changed eBay to send to my business email and started getting notifications again. That means Yahoo must be blocking certain email notifications from eBay!! Why would they do that? There's nothing in my spam folder so this is a hard bounce. Seems like eBay would notify its members when they get hard bounces.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I am not getting any emails from Ebay or Paypal today. . Had 20 auctions sold this evening and no notifications from them. We process orders by printing out the Paypal receipt, so we can't pack until we get it.
Everything else seems to be working fine. Getting lots of junk emails in my outlook.
Karen
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@neeleysantiques, I continue to receive all PayPal notifications. Since PayPal and eBay outgoing mail is managed and processed totally separately on the back-end, I would guess your issue is most likely with your email provider. Otherwise, that would be a huge coincidence!

I don't think my issue is with Yahoo mail since I'm receiving all member-to-member messages. On the other hand, those messages aren't necessarily sent from the same eBay server, and/or the headers could be formatted differently, so it's certainly not impossible it's a Yahoo issue.

I think I'll try registering a different email address with eBay to see if that makes a difference.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I only have one email address and that is with Cox. I did get a few Paypal receipts a few minutes ago but still nothing from Ebay. No Sold or Relist Notices. I see that eBay's phones are down. So I guess no packing tonight.

Normally I get Paypal email immediately, so if they are not connected to Ebay, I wonder why they are 5 to 12 hours late?
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I changed eBay to send to my business email and started getting notifications again. That means Yahoo must be blocking certain email notifications from eBay!! Why would they do that? There's nothing in my spam folder so this is a hard bounce. Seems like eBay would notify its members when they get hard bounces.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I just got 9 copies of the notification that you had replied to my message. I did get one other email from Ebay today. It was new, not any of the ones from Thursday or Friday.
I guess I will just wait it out and keep checking the Sellers Hub to see what i'm missing.
Thanks so much and so glad you got your problem solved. I grandson had Yahoo mail, he hated it.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I use a Yahoo powered email address and have no problems receiving sold, ended, relisted, purchase, etc notification emails from eBay. I have not sent or received an offer in a long time (since June), and those may be a different animal.

Just another piece of info for the puzzle.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply