cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mouse over to zoom feature does not work

The "Mouse Over to Zoom" feature was intermittent for the last couple of months, and now has stopped being functional altogether.  The Click to Enlarge still works.

What's the solution / correction / fix ?  Sony Laptop and Dell Tower both with Windows 10 and Firefox or Chrome.  No Mouse zoom - most annoying.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

when you hover over the image, take the pointer off/away, then hover back over the image again

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The mouse-over zoom feature seems to be working for me using Firefox.

Make sure the image you are looking at is large enough to support that feature; I believe that images less than 800 pixels wide or high are too small to zoom.

If the image is large enough, try restarting your browser or device to see if that makes a difference.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Going back and forth into the image doesn't help... the "mouse over zoom" box comes up, the image freezes, and you get nothing. This began several weeks ago and eBay still hasn't fixed it. My browser has all the latest protocols and is unchanged since long before this problem began. Others are reporting this as well, but eBay does nothing. I can no longer shop here, except for common items that I don't need to inspect. Anything else... well, forget it. If I can't magnify and inspect an item I won't buy it.

eBay get moving... people want to shop but the listings aren't working right !

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@silverbird686 

My browser has all the latest protocols and is unchanged since long before this problem began.

What browser type and version are you using?

Are you moving your cursor over the box after it appears in the item image?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I use Firefox on my laptop, and yes, I "hover" the mouse, been doing it for years, it no longer works.  Seems a problem with too many different browsers to be a browser issue.  Has Ebay ever given an explanation?  

btw.....my phone will zoom but pixelates so all details are a blur of little squares.  So that's not usable either.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It started when they started putting the little container box with the heart inside of it that surrounds the preview pic. I've mentioned it to them multiple times, and they don't seem to care as now those boxes are on favorite sellers preview pics too. Hopefully they will figure it out because it's very annoying when trying to scan through listings, unless you want to click on every single listing on a search.....

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I just installed Hover Zoom+ and it worked perfect for about 10 minutes then it hasn't worked since. It quit on the item search page I am sure, as if it were overwhelmed by the data and crashed. The last time Imagur worked on windows chrome it did the same thing. crash overload

Message 8 of 8
latest reply