cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventory glitch

Today I noticed many of my items inventory is wrong.  Is this a site wide problem?  I am going through and checking all my listings, but this is going to take me a lot of time.  What if more things sell than I have?

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: inventory glitch

You are right I was hacked. eBay is on it they seem to think it’s fairly serious. They say will will send a message to all the buyers and tell them how to resolve it. 

I’ve changed my passwords on every account I have and feel ok now even though I’m still getting emails from buyers wondering when I’ll ship etc. 

For whatever reason eBay took down half of my listings although they were legit. I hope I can get those back somehow. 

Thanks all for your help. 

Message 31 of 68
latest reply

@jpc99999 

You are right I was hacked. eBay is on it they seem to think it’s fairly serious. They say will will send a message to all the buyers and tell them how to resolve it.

Sorry that you are going through that. Account hijackers cause a lot of problems for buyers and sellers, and generally make a mess of things.

For whatever reason eBay took down half of my listings although they were legit. I hope I can get those back somehow.

That is likely a precautionary action in case the hijacker has changed the PayPal information in your listings to send the payment elsewhere when your item sells.

You have likely gone through a lot of your account making sure the settings are correct; some often overlooked things -- change your security questions in case the hacker has accessed them; make sure any phone numbers and addresses are yours; double check the PayPal email address on any current listings (which can be accessed using "sell similar"); if you have Facebook or Google linked to your account, be sure to unlink them -- if the hacker has current access to either of those, he can get back in to your account even if your eBay password has been changed since.

Good luck to you.

Message 32 of 68
latest reply

Hello Brian 

my name is sam and iam writing you this in regards to the inventory glitch thats beein going on for the past 3 days and i have lost all my invetory counts and more importent thing, my placments for my best match items which i have about 800 listinig and my top 100 items which had lots of watchers and sold quntines are now i can call them dead, they way it happens was that, as normal operation i have tried to update the quantities of my listing in the morning and right after i have hit update on the listings, it would make a high amount of quantities inventory available showing and the ones that were also out of stuck were now filled up with a number and more impotent thing was that now these listing are acting as no longer a best match options for buyers and i have lost all my positions on all these listings that had the abilities of showing as a best match, so i have already lost about %80 of my placements because of these errors and for the rest of my items that iam not updating anymore, they got to keep there placements in best match searches, but eventually i have to make edit for there quantities because there also finish there quantities and if i do that again, it will do the same error and do all the harm to the listing, please make an effort to fix this, i am losing very big on this matter and there is absolutely nothing we can do but to see our hard work for the past 5 years is now going down one by one and i know not everyone is facing this and this way you can call it that we are losing our competitions as well and making lots of lost now because we are not showing up on our placements and positions for these listings. please make a change if possible or not sure whats next for us any more,

Thanks 

Message 33 of 68
latest reply

The glitch is happening with variation listings only as far as my store goes 

My work around has been this

Go into my listing under revise listing immediately update the listing you Do not actually have to change anything, The listing will then create all the quantities based on the amount you have sold since the listing was created. Go back into listing 0 everything out and update again. This will create 0 qty for all items the reason you do not do this the first time is because the listing bugs out the qty no matter what you do even if you 0 everything out and update the very first time it will change the Quantities on you. So after you revise the second time and 0 everything out you can then modify your listing as normal. I have quite a few variation listings that are very active and I noticed this right away yesterday after I updated one of my listing and went back in to verify. I can replicate it any time on one of the variation listings I have not touched yet. 

I have not had an issue where I lost view qty sold or watchers

Message 34 of 68
latest reply

This has happened to many of my listing with multiple variations (Color).  I on listing I had an inventory of 5 on hand in black and ebay changed it to 35. That listing has about 14 variations and they changed to quantity on about 2/3 of them. They did it to another listing today. 

Also when I update any quantity on a listing with variations the variation no longer appears on any packing slips after the update. This has been happening starting Wednesday night. Also if you go to the listing and click on the number sold link the variation column is now blank.

Message 35 of 68
latest reply

Thank you everyone for providing these examples! Our tech team is reviewing this 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 36 of 68
latest reply

This issue is also affecting the packing slips.  When this issue happens to a listing the variation no longer appears on the packing slips.  Also this does not occur until you update a quantity on the listing that has variations.

Message 37 of 68
latest reply

Thank you. I’ve done much of what you suggested but you had a few I hadn’t thought about. Good news is eBay has now recognized it as a hack and it looks like anyone that bought one will be refunded by EBay. They have to open a case apparently. 

I just hope they can track where those payments went and take care of the scammers. What a mess. Thanks to you and all again. 

Message 38 of 68
latest reply

Item # 124146791608 had quantity of 2, sold one then magically had 0? Edited it back to 1 available with no obvious issues.
Message 39 of 68
latest reply

Here is my observation. The listing with multiple variations works normally until you update the listing to change the inventory or possibly any other change. Then this ebay glitch adds all previous sales to your inventory. An example is if you update your inventory for a blue comb to 5 and your have previously sold 27 blue combs the quantity after the update will be 32. If you have a green comb on the listing with a quantity of 1 and have never sold a green comb the quantity will remain 1 after the update. This quantity change will happen for every variation on that listing.

Also after the update if you click on the quantity sold the variation column will now be blank for each sale.

Also if you print a packing slip for your sold items page the variation will no longer be on the packing slip. Just the listing title.

It is apparent that ebay made a software change Wednesday afternoon or evening.  Why can't they roll back the change to correct this issue?

Message 40 of 68
latest reply

brian@ebay 

Brian - will you provide us an update on this error and resolution? I have >1000 listings and its near impossible to have to re-audit inventories on my own. Thanks. 

Message 41 of 68
latest reply

From what I've seen this is affecting only my listings that have variations and have added promoted listings. I have handmade items, so when it takes a count of 1 and turns it into 285 it is a nightmare. I have items within this listing playing peek-a-boo. First they totally disappear, then reappear a few minutes later with a count of 1 and a price of $0!! There's a whole list of weird and bizarre going on.

Message 42 of 68
latest reply

any resolution to inventory issue? we have the same problem, please let me know, thanks! 

Message 43 of 68
latest reply

Thank you for this solution!!!   It has saved my sanity! Wish I would have seen it 18 hrs. ago.  I have been updating my listings ( those w/ variations that renewed within the time period of this glitch) every couple of hours only to find more errors in inventory.  Why is there no mention of this HUGE GLITCH on the system status board?  I suspect there are many sellers out there who haven't learned of this and will be surprised when they go to their sold items on Sunday night.

Message 44 of 68
latest reply

brian.t@ebay 

Will eBay refund those non refundable pay pal fees from sales of inventory that never existed?  I had to refund 10 different buyers today! 10 potential neg. feedbacks.  Will these be removed?     What about a month's store fee credit considering all the hours sellers has to put in to try to fix this as a good will gesture from eBay?  48 hours and still no fix?   A work around -- that takes time- was provided by a fellow seller.  Why is there no mention of this on the systems board????  I contacted CS  twice on FB -- they know nothing.  How is this possible???

Message 45 of 68
latest reply