cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventory glitch

Today I noticed many of my items inventory is wrong.  Is this a site wide problem?  I am going through and checking all my listings, but this is going to take me a lot of time.  What if more things sell than I have?

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: inventory glitch

@jpc99999 

Firestick listed at high quantity and low price? Account contact info changed? Payments not going into your PayPal account?

From your description it sounds like your account may have been hijacked. You should contact eBay using the link on this page:

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/protecting-account/get-help-hacked-account?id=4196

Message 16 of 68
latest reply

same here!!! Completely screwed! I revised about 300 items last night, just lowering prices a little. Now they are all messed up. Having to refund/cancel orders I don't have. Terrible, like we really needed this right now.

I raised my prices by 100% to try to stop orders until I can get this fixed.

What a MESS. Worst thing that's ever happened to me on eBay!

Message 17 of 68
latest reply

PS- It's not just items with variations folks, it's everything. If the item has sold before it's inventory count is now wrong. 

Message 18 of 68
latest reply

Well, maybe not sure on this yet. I counted wrong 🙂 It could just be the items with variations.

Message 19 of 68
latest reply

Hi everyone! I'm looking into this now. If I can get some item numbers that this occurred on then it will help me get this reported to the tech team. Thanks!

@mam98031 @happyda_60 @sneaker-jesus @xray360 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 20 of 68
latest reply

Hi!

For instance, Item number: 163385022021

This is only one out of 20 listings that i have revised.

The item usually stays in the first row of the page but now I can spot it on 2nd page. If you want me to post up all of the item numbers, I can do that.

Message 21 of 68
latest reply

This is the last one I had to cancel my order on.
eBay item number:401888521976
Message 22 of 68
latest reply

Here are 2 screen shots I took last night.

Message 23 of 68
latest reply

Item number 114097849946 is another example. I changed the quantity to zero in a panic this morning after seeing sales that were supposed to be out of stock.

Message 24 of 68
latest reply

Try 100% of mine with variations.

Message 25 of 68
latest reply

Thanks everyone! I'll send these examples over 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 26 of 68
latest reply

The examples shown are exactly what has happened to my listings on my business account. I tested making a new listing and it deletes all the variations and re-adds them when revising.  Picture shown below

A work around for updating quantities is to use [# variations] link in active listings. I tested on a listing and I was able to make changes to quantity. Using Revise listing option, or bulk editing will cause the glitch to delete all variations even if you simply update the description. 

This really should be announced as some affected sellers may make a mass update to their listings and their entire store would revert back to initial quantity. 

Message 27 of 68
latest reply

Same problem here. I am in the middle of a major inventory update.

All my multi variation items are completely screwed up.

I am in the middle of a major inventory update.

Now my store front isn't showing any categories... 

I am dead in the water.

Yuki

Message 28 of 68
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

@jpc99999 

Firestick listed at high quantity and low price? Account contact info changed? Payments not going into your PayPal account?

From your description it sounds like your account may have been hijacked. You should contact eBay using the link on this page:

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/protecting-account/get-help-hacked-account?id=4196

As soon as I read the post I thought the same thing.

This isn't the variations glitch at all.

Message 29 of 68
latest reply

@gear-house wrote:

Well, maybe not sure on this yet. I counted wrong 🙂 It could just be the items with variations.

I sure hope you're wrong and it's not affecting MQ listings as well. That would be a total disaster (not that the variations one isn't bad enough).

Trying to wrack my brain to think if I edited any MV last night or yesterday.

Message 30 of 68
latest reply