cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventory glitch

Today I noticed many of my items inventory is wrong.  Is this a site wide problem?  I am going through and checking all my listings, but this is going to take me a lot of time.  What if more things sell than I have?

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: inventory glitch

Noticing the same thing. Older products that have been out of stock now somehow have inventory in them.

Message 2 of 68
latest reply

I noticed sold quantity is now my available quantity.  I already had to cancel one order tonight.  

Message 3 of 68
latest reply

@happyda_60 wrote:

I noticed sold quantity is now my available quantity.  I already had to cancel one order tonight.  

You need to notify Ebay of this glitch.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 68
latest reply

Major problem on ebay! Revising a listing causes it to delete all the variations and re add them with incorrect quantities. I noticed it after revising a listing and tested on older inventory not selling. This will kill your listing if it's in best match on the first page. Had a listing drop from first page to non existence due to all the variations associated with those sales deleted. 

(this is a personal account.)

Message 5 of 68
latest reply

I had the exact same thing happen to me today as x-ray. If I edit any of my listings it deletes all data: qty sold, watchers, and replaces qty available to the original qty amount. Was at the top of first page of best match and after editing and losing all sales data it tanked the listing. CS says this is a known glitch and didn’t have a timeframe for when it would be patched 

Message 6 of 68
latest reply

Same problem here. Major glitch in inventory. Having to cancel orders because my inventory is wrong! What is going on?

Message 7 of 68
latest reply

*****************************General Reply*******************************

Has this issue been reported to Ebay?  Do you have any clarifications you can offer on the subject?

tyler@ebay 

brian@ebay 

@Anonymous 

Message 8 of 68
latest reply

I've reported this to ebay. Fingers crossed.. DO NOT make any listing edits if you have this problem unless you have to until it gets fixed. This glitch essentially resets your listing back to day 1 how it was when you first created it.. deletes all sales, watchers, resets variation qtys back to original qtys, and tanks the best match placement.

Message 9 of 68
latest reply

Same thing happened to me this morning. Revised 2 listings late at night and woke up to several orders to items that haven't been in stock for months. I reported it to Ebay, hopefully they are looking into it.

Not a great way to start the day. Trying to explain through Emails to Ebay that this a glitch and not the fault of my fat fingers. Now cancelling orders.  Dreading the defects and potential neg feedbacks coming.

Message 10 of 68
latest reply

It took a fire stick I sold months ago, created its own lower price and increased the quantity to 816 units instead of the 1 it was originally. I’ve now sold over 100 but thankfully the funds are not going into my paypal. Can’t talk to customer service they are closed due to virus. What a mess.
Message 11 of 68
latest reply

Oh, no!!! I’d better go check my store.

Always a newbie!
Message 12 of 68
latest reply

@jpc99999 wrote:
It took a fire stick I sold months ago, created its own lower price and increased the quantity to 816 units instead of the 1 it was originally. I’ve now sold over 100 but thankfully the funds are not going into my paypal. Can’t talk to customer service they are closed due to virus. What a mess.

@jpc99999 

While in many cases you can't actually "talk" to customer service, that doesn't mean there isn't any customer service.

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp

Some reasons I've been told can get you to a live chat, but I haven't had the need to get into this to find the reasons or how I can get live chat.

But you can email Ebay or use social media to contact Ebay.  Twitter and Facebook.

Message 13 of 68
latest reply

Actually you normally can talk to them by phone but they are closed due to virus. Live chat is down right now. I’m having trouble emailing them as well. The frosting on the cake is they turned on 2 step verification yesterday and the phone number they try to send the passcode isn’t remotely close to mine! Perfect storm!!

Message 14 of 68
latest reply

@jpc99999 wrote:

Actually you normally can talk to them by phone but they are closed due to virus. Live chat is down right now. I’m having trouble emailing them as well. The frosting on the cake is they turned on 2 step verification yesterday and the phone number they try to send the passcode isn’t remotely close to mine! Perfect storm!!

They are NOT 100% closed for customer service.  While you may not be able to speak to a real person, you do have alternatives.  There is still customer service, you just may not be able to call.

And yes you are correct, they closed the call center over a month ago.  Which they needed to do, but they did not stop offering customer service, we just need to do it a bit differently right now.  You do have alternatives so you can resolve issues.  

As for the phone number issue.  Check your site preferences.  It sounds like you may need to update your phone numbers.

Message 15 of 68
latest reply