cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error - The seller only allows buyers to purchase 5 items every 10 days.

I made 5 offers on an item and all of the offers were automatically rejected. If I try to use Buy It Now I get the error in my subject heading. I contacted the seller and he said that option for limiting buyers was not selected in his settings but he went ahead and checked the box and increased the number to allow 10 items every 10 days. I still can't purchase the item using Buy It Now and get the same error. Is there anything I can do?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I contacted the seller and he said that option for limiting buyers was not selected in his settings but he went ahead and checked the box and increased the number to allow 10 items every 10 days. I still can't purchase the item using Buy It Now and get the same error.

In addition to changing the settings in the seller's Buyer Requirements, the seller also has to check a box to apply the new settings to current listings, I believe. Otherwise the changes will only apply to new listings.

Unless the seller is willing to do that or otherwise exempt you from those limitations, your options are to wait until ten days have passed since your first purchase or offer, or else find another seller to purchase from.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

A buyer would usually make "a" offer on an item. 5 offers on a item is a little too much in a day.

Kinda sounds like emails back and forth and such...I could be wrong...but seller might have blocked you.

Just a thought.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply