cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay website display problems

For the last few days site not displaying properly, all big arrows, can’t access watch or selling list, can’t add tracking info, can’t bid, can’t contact eBay - what’s going on??

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay website display problems

UK users seem to be having problems with their service providers' Child Safe settings, particularly those on Virgin Media, TalkTalk and Post Office Broadband.

Try disabling those settings, or whitelisting ebay.co.uk and ir.ebaystatic.com.

Instructions for Virgin Media can be found here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/My-solution-to-ebay-pages-not-displaying-correctly/m-...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

UK users seem to be having problems with their service providers' Child Safe settings, particularly those on Virgin Media, TalkTalk and Post Office Broadband.

Try disabling those settings, or whitelisting ebay.co.uk and ir.ebaystatic.com.

Instructions for Virgin Media can be found here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/My-solution-to-ebay-pages-not-displaying-correctly/m-...

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Thank you, will try that, am with talk talk 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

According to a post on the UK discussion boards, you should be able to add ebay.co.uk and ir.ebaystatic.com to your HomeSafe "allowed sites" list and make things work.

"I've just added the ebay website addresses to my talktalk HomeSafe allowed sites list and turned HomeSafe back on via the Talktalk account website, so far ok."

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Technical-Difficulties/Ebay-pages-not-loading-properly/m-p/6788507#M...

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Thank you so much!! I was having a nightmare trying to find it - gave up!  Will try this tomorrow. Turned off WiFi on phone and fine with mobile data. 
thanks again for your help 👍

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

You are very welcome -- glad to hear you found a workaround, at least!

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

same here... garbage programming probably from third world $1 / hour programmers has made this site miserable to use for as long as i can remember, some times it works and most times it doesnt, i cant sell anything right now, it changes at random so its not my system and i get the same screwed up formatting from 4 different browsers. This is what you get when you have a monpoly folks, they just dont care.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

ebay canada sell page now, the rest of the site looks normal, go figure. I tried brave, firefox, vivaldi, and edge... have cookies cleared and done all the bla bla even flushed my DNS in ipconfig... its none of that because this problem is RANDOM and has been for over 10 years now! I can go check 10 minutes from now and if im lucky it will be working, then it wont again... this is bad programming and or unreliable server web servers

example3.jpg

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@nitrodigital 

Unless you are using a UK service provider, you are likely having a different issue. You can try disabling your "Child Safe" settings, though, to see if that helps. Double check to make sure you are trying to list on the Canadian eBay site.

I took a look at the Canadian discussion boards and did not see any similar complaints, so it does not appear to be a widespread issue there.

You seem to have ruled out browser issues, unless you are using common add ons or extensions. An overly broad ad blocker rule might cause a problem, but you would have to be using the same rule in all those browsers, which seems unlikely.

Are you able to load that page using a browser in desktop mode on your phone when not connected to your wifi network, or on another computer? How about a computer on another network?

If the problem only occurs on your local network, it might be worth examining your firewall, antivirus or VPN settings. Rebooting common network hardware might be worth a try as well.

If none of that helps, it might be worth trying to find an alternative page to see if that allows you to list. If the business tool does not work, how about the quick listing tool?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Same problem here. I have tried all the "fixes" and same intermittant crap. All other sites working just fine. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@kgpatt_22 

This thread involved a particular network problem that prevented style sheets from loading, leading to unformatted eBay pages with large arrow icons.

If you are having a similar problem four years later, it likely has a different cause.

Try another browser as a test. If the page displays properly in another browser, try clearing your cache in the original browser -- "for all time" if that is an option -- and if that does not fix things, try manually erasing just your eBay cookies.

If the problem occurs with multiple browsers, there may be something about your device or network blocking your style sheets from loading on ebay.com. Try a different device on the same network to rule out a device issue. Try a different network to rule out a network issue.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I have occasionally had the "big arrows". It's only happened when I had forgotten that I had some heavy downloading in the background going on. Which drastically reduced the bandwidth available for the eBay website.

In all cases a quick temp change in downloading priorities and a refresh and alls back to normal.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Same problem with all browsers Have cleared cache, cookies, updated browser…. Sometimes it works then sometimes get the big arrows and some / no pictures loading. Or I can’t bid, leave feedback etc….No other app  or website does this. Only happens with EBay. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply