cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay site freezes for at least 10 seconds on first load

Does this happen to anyone else? It only happens when you first load the eBay website and freezes to the point where the "Not Responding" pop up will appear and you can wait or exit the page, after a few seconds the site will fully load in.

All the extra advertisements and junk plastered on the eBay homepage seem to cause it to freeze every time as these try to load in. It's incredibly annoying and I hope it can be fixed soon.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: eBay site freezes for at least 10 seconds on first load

I have not noticed any slow-loading issues, but I use an ad blocker.

What browser are you using? Is it the latest version?

Any difference if you use another?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hello friend,

Thanks for the reply. I think you may be onto something.

This seems to only happen on Brave Browser, which is the default browser I use due to its built-in ad blocker. I double-checked and I am in fact using the most up-to-date version of Brave.

I tried switching over to Google Chrome and don't seem to have this issue.

Any other Brave Browser folks experience this problem?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Indications that an ad blocker might be causing a slow-down issue:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Ebay-web-site-super-slow-to-load/m-p/33412...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It's definitely because of an ad blocker. All of our computers at work have AdPlock Plus installed as a chrome extension. About a week or so ago we noticed the exact same issue starting to happen, especially when browsing search result pages... disabled the ad blockers and the problem went away... but of course now we have to deal with pages littered with annoying ads.

This isn't 1998 anymore. eBay makes enough money from fees, the site shouldn't be plastered with annoying and intrusive advertising anyway.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply