cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay not responding

Hi,

eBay for the last 2 days has not been responding well at all. Try to go to My eBay and it just sits there without a response for 10 minutes. Last night it took 4 tries and 3 different browsers before I could print a shipping label. Pictures are not displaying or display very slowly.

eBay's System Status screen (when I finally found it AND it FINALLY responded) said everything was GREAT!

Trying to find out how to contact eBay itself is horrible. 

Is anyone else having problems or has Republican net neutrality kicked in?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: eBay not responding

Clear cache? Clear cookies? Reboot? Try another device?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

You might consider the time of year, the number of requests eBay is trying to respond to, etc.

The last couple of days are the last reliable shipping period.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I do a shutdown every night and we still have the issue today. I have 3 different browsers on my laptop and all 3 had similar issues.

So that should take care of clear cache, cookies, and rebooting. 🙂 I think.

I don't have another device to try, EXCEPT by asking here if others are having an issue. LOL

If no one else is having issues then it is probably my ISP for some reason and I have already contacted them. Every other website that I have tried though seems fine. Just wondering if eBay is getting overloaded with the holidays.

Thanks for the suggestions!!
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

When ebay is being swamped tech difficulties are to be expected.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

A small number of people seem to be having the same problem. although it seems that it is spreading. See this thread.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Slow-or-stalled-to-open-Ebay-Summary-page/m-p/2785322...

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

It's probably the Russians or "rocket man". I am having the same problem...took me 20-30 mins to place a bid Sat evening, almost missed out on the item, I have not had any prob on other sites at all, only on ebay. This problem just started a few weeks ago...?? Weird! I just reset my computer settings to default as I have probs occasionally following MS updates.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I had the same problem recently, but fixed it instantly by installing an ad-blocker to my browser. Ebay was horribly slow, then after the ad-blocker the site was back to normal. When I switch the ad-blocker off, site becomes super slow again with repeated loading of outside ads / ad-servers.

In all my many web-browsing years, I have never had to use an ad-blocker . .  until now. I don't like having unneccesary extensions, plugins, etc on my computer. But whatever way ebay has implemented outside advertising brought things to a crawl for my particular set up.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Use of an AdBlocker - Yes!this will eliminate many issues.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Check the other thread mentioned above, I will add my findings to that.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I am having the same issue. Constantly hitting the refresh button to get anything to respond. Message system is the worse.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I am having the same issue. Have been trying to ship packages and it will just stop and say system unavailable. It has been very time consuming. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

The eBay selling/shipping page curently does not work, but I have found a soluion:

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextAllSelling

Click on the link above. It will take you to the old My eBay All Selling page OR the new all selling page (for newer sellers).

I tried it on multiple ids, and it worked every time.

Good luck, everyone!

https://bio.link/langs
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I am having the same problem. I restarted computer, cleared cache. can get to other areas but My Ebay.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply