cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Tracking Updates are Out of Sequence

Hi @Anonymous , brian@ebay 

Note in the screenshot below, eBay tracking shows that 4 hours and 40 minutes AFTER the package was picked up and scanned by my carrier, the label was created and USPS was awaiting the package.  I spot checked shipments back into early February and this apparently has been going on at least since then (I didn't go any further back).

The USPS tracking website does not show the inaccurate label creation entries so it looks like they are coming from eBay somehow.

inceptions_1-1583374162177.png

This is what is showing on the USPS website:

inceptions_2-1583374436178.png

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay Tracking Updates are Out of Sequence

Anonymous
Not applicable

@inceptions wrote:

Note in the screenshot below, eBay tracking shows that 4 hours and 40 minutes AFTER the package was picked up and scanned by my carrier, the label was created and USPS was awaiting the package.  I spot checked shipments back into early February and this apparently has been going on at least since then (I didn't go any further back).

The USPS tracking website does not show the inaccurate label creation entries so it looks like they are coming from eBay somehow.

Hi @inceptions, this is a known issue we are working on currently. Rest assured, we will be able to review the tracking info on the courier website to double check the status of the shipment and will apply appropriate protections based on this information. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@inceptions wrote:

Hi @inceptions, this is a known issue we are working on currently. Rest assured, we will be able to review the tracking info on the courier website to double check the status of the shipment and will apply appropriate protections based on this information. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks @Anonymous .

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Tracking is never correct. Every single time I order the tracking is wrong. It will show the order is still on check and here I have it arrived at home. Any buyer could open a case and claim not delivered and get a refund. I don’t have the heart to cheat the seller. But bet that happens a lot.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply