cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Search Engine is Freaking Out!

The search engine was working just fine until today. Before it would display listings with search words in the TITLE ONLY. Now it's displaying thousands of unwanted listings with search words in the title OR description text, no matter how insignificant. Anyone else having this problem???

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: eBay Search Engine is Freaking Out!

If I manage to get to PayPal, it hangs up forever in processing. Won't accept payment.

All pages redirect to Earthlink search engine powered by Yahoo.

Looks like a DOS attack.

Message 46 of 51
latest reply

Probably more old code being inserted as modified new code.. They do this all the time and it screws everything up. They'll go to fix one issue and edit old code and then insert it to live code, which fixes the current problem, but relives those of the past.

Message 47 of 51
latest reply

Same thing is happening to me. I am no longer using Ebay until they fix the search engine. What a major disaster. Amazon, here i come.....

Message 48 of 51
latest reply

Every time you try to search for a named product (cole Haan) the system jumps to ASK program screen. What the hell is wrong with your system,get your teck's to correct the problem. Amason does not have problems with their search program.

@uncle_rico2013 wrote:

The search engine was working just fine until today. Before it would display listings with search words in the TITLE ONLY. Now it's displaying thousands of unwanted listings with search words in the title OR description text, no matter how insignificant. Anyone else having this problem???

@uncle_rico2013 wrote:

Message 49 of 51
latest reply

sign outs as browser firefox adminstraters do so easy to exspell a password ...password changing seems not to work as users signiture of transmission identifies users .....as problem is indepth of who is intruding on users if there in a attack mode of that user...adminstraters on e-bay not needed as this is not facebook ....as this should increase profit of e-bay as users not tampered with will become a user friendly site and goodwill of saling and buying when not tampered with

Message 50 of 51
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 51 of 51
latest reply