cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant pay for items??

I bought some things and I cant pay for them, ebay says paypal is not accepted and I must use credit card, when I do it says that they cant process the payment now, I tried my other ones and still the same...

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

cant pay for items??

I have the same issue! 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

cant pay for items??

Are you trying to buy from a foreign seller?

cant pay for items??

Does the seller ship to New Zealand?

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

cant pay for items??

this maybe due to the new buyer managed payment campaign where trying to set the payment not rely on Paypal so can ask the seller about this... 

Happy every day
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

cant pay for items??

This sometimes happens if you have two or more shipping adresses. If you want to make payment your primary shipping address within ebay should be the same as the one you bought the item with. Another possibilty is that the shipping method on the invoice is not valid for your country, this can only happen when you buy something abroad. I sell a lot to US bidders and the shipping method displayed will be a USPS shipping option. As I am located in Belgium I need to change the shipping method on the invoice to one valid for US buyers . This is automated but ebay quite often changes this all by itself. Requesting a new invoice from the seller often solves the problem.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

cant pay for items??

I don't understand. I have buy small items from ebay almost every month over the last 10 years and now I was trying to buy these 2 Russian watches (seller is located in Russia) I am unable to pay!ebay payment issue.jpg

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

cant pay for items??

Hi, got the same problem. Seems like PayPal deactivated the credit card payment option internally. I already contacted eBay support a few times about this problem (it exists since February 2020. Check the other 2 threads about this problem) and neither eBay nor PayPal was able to offer any solution! And it doesnt matter if this is some order within your country (or outside) or how many shipping addresses you use. It also doesnt change anything which browser you use or if you remove any cookies or settings. You could even use different eBay sites (ebay.com, ebay.ca or ebay.co.uk).

It simply doesnt work at all. Beside the fact, that this credit card works perfectly fine everywhere (!) else. eBay got a major problem and doesnt handle it at all. But its their money they losing. If eBay doesnt solve that problem, I will close my account. Without credit card support eBay is useless for most buyers out there.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

cant pay for items??

Have had the same issue for six weeks.  Ebay keeps saying it is a technical issue and will fix it in 24 hours.  Six weeks folks.  Been a member for 16 years but getting ready to close my ebay account.  Not professional.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

cant pay for items??

The error messages are false; the problem is a bug on eBay servers. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply