cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout will not allow me to pay for items

At this moment this problem has been ongoing for at least 5 consecutive days. Pathetic really. I have spent Thousands of dollars on ebay this year and suddenly I cannot even spend 3 dollars here. Why? First I thought it was my banking institution but that's not the problem. What's going on here? Please help.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

At what point in the checkout are you getting stuck? What checkout and payment methods have you tried?

Is the problem with one particular seller, or multiple sellers? Is the seller new to selling or registered in another country?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

All of your questions imply that I am at fault in this predicament. If I am paying for this service, which I am, then of course the process should be as simple and painless as possible. I am not sure that I appreciate Ebay stealing my time in order to consume their product. It's truly unfortunate. I will never make another purchase thru ebay. Ridiculous! 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@joshag_49 

All of your questions imply that I am at fault in this predicament.

That may be your interpretation of my purpose in asking questions, but I am more interested in asking questions to aid in troubleshooting and to see what things you may have tried, rather than determining if anyone is "at fault". Your answers may potentially point to possible new things to try, or rule out certain kinds of problems.

If the problem is on eBay's end, there may or may not be anything you can do about it. But before you decide to give up, you might as well try a few different things to see if they have any effect. If others encounter similar problems, it may be helpful to determine what factors the cases have in common -- such as a particular browser, operating system, network provider, geographic area, or seller location.

And if the actual problem is something that you can fix or work around (regardless of who you think may be ultimately "at fault"), would you not prefer to be able to complete your purchase?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply