cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bidding issue - unpaid item, known glitch per ebay customer service

Bidding issue, can not bid on any item due to unpaid item/s even though you don't have any on your account.  Known glitch per ebay customer service, impact to several users.  Being fix, given ETC is 48 hrs.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: bidding issue - unpaid item, known glitch per ebay customer service

Be aware that in eBay time "48 Hours" means anywhere from 4 weeks to never.

I suddenly have phantom unpaid item strikes and can't increase bids I've already made on listings.  Ebay keeps falling apart with technical glitches in new ways.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

You're right, it's passed 48 hrs, it's almost a week & it's still not fixed - no work around.  

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Have the same issue for almost a week.  Can't bid on items with sellers I've dealt with before - saved sellers or not.  You can bid on items with new sellers that you haven't dealt with before.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

The only workaround I have right now is to contact the seller with a message and ask them to add me to the buyer exemption list on biddermanagement (of course I can't even include the link here event though it's an internal link to ebay)

Unfortunately, I don't even know if some are receiving this message and two sellers think I am attempting to scam them, I guess Ebay is letting scammers run rampant in the message system. 

I recently had transactions "Auto-closed" by Auto-Cancel-Glitch as a buyer, see- ecommercebytes, one transaction had 4 separate items in it alone,  and I have no idea if this is due to this activity or some random technical glitch.  It's happening randomly with some sellers,  one day I can place bids, the next day I can't, then the next day I can (On the exact same items).

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@rebell45 wrote:

Be aware that in eBay time "48 Hours" means anywhere from 4 weeks to never.

No, that would be...soon.

48 hours really means two weeks.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I had the same problem as you today. Miss a lot of opportunities. The eBay customer service didn't tell me what to do.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Has anyone had any progress or resolution to this issue?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

UPDATE, it's Jan 15, 2023 and I am STILL dealing with this issue.  I've contact customer support via chat FIVE times with no resolution, just lies and empty promises.  Called customer servie and got the same exact empty promises and a promise someone would email within 3 days (they never do.).

Now, I am trying FACEBOOK EBAY MESSENGER and over a 10 hour period am now re-explaining the problem again to a new representative.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply