cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't Accept ANY payment method for over a WEEK

I have been trying to purchase several items for the past week. I have tried different cards and paypal. I keep getting the error that my payment can't be processed at this time. UGH anyone else have this problem?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@midwestweaver 

Some things to check if you are having problems checking out or paying:

Are these items from the same seller, or multiple sellers? US sellers, or located overseas? Established sellers, or new to selling? Possibly the problem is on the seller's end (less likely if problems occur with multiple sellers, or an established seller that has other recent transactions). If multiple sellers, try checking out an individual seller's items separately.

Have you signed in to your PayPal account to make sure that everything is up to date and you do not need to submit any new documentation or update any of your card expiration dates?

What browsers have you tried? Check that you are using the latest version available, if possible, or try another current browser.

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

Check to make sure your SSL/TLS client is up to date:

https://www.howsmyssl.com/

Have you tried completing the purchase using the eBay app, or using a browser on your phone or using another device?

Other possible things to try: sign in to ebay.ca see if you can pay for the item by going through your purchase history page there if you have already committed to making the purchase.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I am having the exact same issue, i managed to make a purchase earlier today with no issue, but i made another purchase and it keeps telling me we can't process this payment.  I logged into paypal and changed my credit card and still didn't work, then i tried 2 different credit cards without paypal and it still didn't work.  I tried clearing the browser cash, different browsers, tried with the app on my phone and still having the same issue.  Then i decided to create a whole new ebay account and try paying, still getting the error message.  I think this is a issue with ebay as i have eliminated all other possibilities.  I have even tried changing the DNS and regions.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

This has been an issues since Feb. 10th that ebay cannot/will not fix for some reason. I have customers weekly complaining to me and it appears the last 12 hours have been the worst in a while.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I have lost every single customer since May 27th. Same error as you all here, no support help either. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply