cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, this is embarrassing. We're sorry, but the listing tool isn't working right this second...

I have been getting this error over, and over again the past week.

Error:

Well, this is embarrassing.
We're sorry, but the listing tool isn't working right this second.
Please try again later.

Doing searches, I see that this has come up over time. I am not finding an answer that seems fitting though.

I have sold 100 items in the past two months and listed even more with out issue.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Cheers and make it a great day!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Well, this is embarrassing. We're sorry, but the listing tool isn't working right this second...

5/7/2024

I too am extremely frustrated by the issues with the listing tool.

I use the Advanced listing tool.

I would enter every bit of information for a listing, hit the List it button, and see the page go blank, except for the eBay logo at the top. Clicking on the eBay logo resulted in the now familiar "Well this is embarrassing ... " and then "We've looked everywhere ..." error messages. After waiting a period of time (at least 10 minutes) I was able to return to eBay by clicking on the eBay logo.

Once back to my Selling page I would find the listing I had begun in Drafts. I would open the draft, upload my photos, then immediately click on Save for Later. This resulted in the blank page again and the 10 minute wait.

I also tried turning off VPN but that did not help.

When I was able to return to my Selling page, I opened the draft lisiting and practiced with entering different bits of details, then clicking on Save for Later.

Here is what finally got me through a listing -

Open the draft.

Upload one photo.

Enter every other piece of information.

Click Save for Later.

Open draft listing again.

Upload up to 4 photos (note: uploading 5 photos resulted in the blank page and 10 minute wait again).

I had 24 photos to upload for this listing, so this workaround took some time to accomplish, but it finally resulted in a listing.

I re-listed many items the on 5/6/2024 without issue.

The photos portion of the listing seems to be the itechnical fault with the listing tool, at least in my experience.

Also, my listings do not go "live" for at least 24 hours, so a 7 day auction is really only "live" for 6 days. I have yet to determine if this 24 hour "review" by eBay is applicable to all listings, new and/or re-listed.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I am having similar issues as this and it has been ongoing for over a week.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply