cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watched items in custom lists get deleted when deleting from default watchlist.

Steps to reproduce:

Add item to watchlist.

Go to watchlist and select item, then add to custom list. (Can do this to multiple lists if desired)

Item can now be seen in both the default and custom list(s).

Now if I delete the item from the default list, what should happen is it gets deleted from the default watchlist, but not my custom list. However, it is deleting from all lists.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

This just happened to me. 60+ listings now lost to the ether. Coding needs to fix this.

A few days ago, there was a Warning (Confirmation) prompt that appeared when deleting an item from a Custom List, asking if I wanted to delete the item from all Lists. It appears that setting (delete from all lists) is the now the default when deleting items from the Watchlist, with no Warning (Confirmation) prompt.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I deleted an item from one of my custom lists and saw the popup that offered to either delete from only the custom list or from all lists just as you described.

I have tried both ways, and in either case, the next time I try to delete an item from the custom list I see the same set of options, and they appear to work as they should to either delete from one list or all lists.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

eburtonlab:

One does receive the option to delete only the present Custom list or from all lists when deleting from a Custom list.

When copying an item from the Watchlist to a Custom list, then deleting the item from only the Watchlist, the action taken by the system is to delete the item from all lists with out an option to delete only from the Watchlist.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

When copying an item from the Watchlist to a Custom list, then deleting the item from only the Watchlist, the action taken by the system is to delete the item from all lists with out an option to delete only from the Watchlist.

That seems to be what is happening.

devon@ebay 

There seems to be a major bug in the way that items are now deleted from the Watch List, which is deleting those items from every custom list as well.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

That seems to be what is happening.

devon@ebay 

There seems to be a major bug in the way that items are now deleted from the Watch List, which is deleting those items from every custom list as well.

Hey @eburtonlab! As of this morning I do not see any  sitewide tickets open on this. I will open a report on my end and recommend members reaching out to customer support to have a ticket open for their account. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, devon!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

And Thank You, eburtonlab!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hope it's resolved soon! 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply