cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Counter Not Working

The view counter on my auctions is not working for about 2 days.  Is this a known Ebay technical issue?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

View Counter Not Working

They are progressively changing people over to the view counter only showing views for the past 30 days, instead of views since it was listed, however many months ago you listed it. It's not perfect though. I just listed some new items that showed views, then switched to 0 views. So, I guess it is something they are working on.

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

View Counter Not Working

@candd205

wrote: So, I guess it is something they are working on.

Famous last words...lol (continually) 🙄

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

View Counter Not Working

I actually like seeing what is being viewed in the last 30 days. Let's you know what has interest, so you can source more of what is getting some viewing action.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

View Counter Not Working

The thing is -- the view counter is working.

eBay has changed the way it works.   You should have seen a message box in the lower left corner of the screen saying that eBay is now showing the views during the past 30 days.   If I recall, the background was red and the text was white.   

Another thing to accept and work with.   

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

View Counter Not Working

Much better this way. The old way it counted every view since originally listed, which could be months ago.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

View Counter Not Working

Here's the link to the info about the change if anyone needs to read it:  https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/resources/seller-updates/2022-spring/business#traffic

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

View Counter Not Working

Ebay is constantly messing everything up. They just cant leave well enough alone. I seen that 

30 day crap but still shows no views and no watchers for past 4 days. So nothing fixed.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

View Counter Not Working

Mine is not working either have u sorted yours are is it down to eBay to fix 

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

View Counter Not Working

@mareen_83 

It is an intentional change.  If you use the link I posted in reply #6 it gives you information.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

View Counter Not Working

I have the same situation and all of my listings have been listed WITHIN the last 30 days.  Several are still showing zero views - even those with watchers.  Evidently people who have never viewed my items are watching them - hmmmmm.  To me, knowing the number of views is really helpful information.  Sigh.

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

View Counter Not Working

Same.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

View Counter Not Working

I think they may still be working on it, I hope.  But it's possible ebay is weeding out some spammers/scammers this way.  On my business Instagram account Insights lets me know where my followers are coming from.  When I started last fall  17%  of my followers were from Nigeria - home of the majority of scammers.  Now, at this time, the number is 37%!!  So even though I don't like ebay counting different maybe it's just as well..

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

View Counter Not Working

I thought it was just me or that EBay was losing all its users. I have a couple buy it now items that have been listed for about 2 weeks and a couple listed in the last few days that all have “0” views. It’s rather frustrating. 

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

View Counter Not Working

Ones that I had on just a couple days and ones I had on a couple weeks were all affected.  No solution from Ebay.  Called a few times.  Said it would be fixed in 24 to 72 hours.  It is well past that. 

Message 15 of 24
latest reply