cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Counter Not Working

The view counter on my auctions is not working for about 2 days.  Is this a known Ebay technical issue?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: View Counter Not Working

Same here.  I have a feeling that the items are not 'viewable'.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Your listings are probably under another category.  Check all your listings for category change.  That's what has happened to all of mine.  Not sure what to do.  There used to be more choices as to what category THE SELLER  listed their products.  

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

I have a feeling that the items are not 'viewable'.

There is a big difference between whether an item is "viewable" and whether or not view numbers are being accurately counted and displayed on your particular selling page, or whether the numbers are counting what you think they are.

If you are not sure if an item is "viewable", try searching for it. If you can find it, then it is viewable. It may still be viewable even if you can't find it, but if you can find it then it is definitely viewable.

The number of views displayed on a particular selling page may be useful information for you or it may not be, but that number by itself has no effect at all on whether buyers can see your listings. Buyers have no idea what view number is displayed on your page and do not care.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Same here. I have even had friends view my items and it doesn't show. I spoke with eBay and told them its happening to over 80 percent of my inventory for over 200 listings. They agreed my account had been affected when transitioning to the new way views would be shown. She turned over to tech dept.  I have this transcribed since it was by chat so I hope to use it when I call back and let them know nothing has changed. I use to sell 3 or 4 items a week. Now barely selling one. If not corrected soon I will go to Etsy. I will get better prices for my vintage dishes there anyway. So fed up with changes causing problems for sellers.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Please report it. They need to hear that it is a problem for many. You will have to insist that it isn't the new way they show views. I had to tell the lady I had watchers when apparently they never viewed the items. I have over 80 percent of my inventory showing no views. many would have views for brand names alone.  I list over 200 items and top rated seller.  I use to sale 2 or 3 items a week. Barely selling that a month now. So upset.  I have made a report and they agreed change had affected my account. I haven't seen improvement and it has been over a week.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

Same here, I have items actually showing less views than the previous day... Is it actually possible to unview something?  Also, sometimes I have watchers for an item with zero views. 

There is no point in a count system that is completely unreliable.

I posted about this myself several weeks ago. 

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Called today and still no resolution.  What they tell you makes no sense.  Even if they just zeroed out every 30 days, that would be better than 0 views.  I have auctions with 0 views and 1 watcher?  Doesn't make sense.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Even if they just zeroed out every 30 days, that would be better than 0 views.

The are not zeroing views every thirty days. The default is now to display only the view count of the last thirty days rather than a total count since the item was listed. It is a rolling window.

I have auctions with 0 views and 1 watcher? Doesn't make sense.

It is not necessary to view a listing to add it to a watch list.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

@sonkitty wrote:

I have auctions with 0 views and 1 watcher?  Doesn't make sense.

Yes it does.

• You can watch an item by clicking on the heart in a list of items without clicking on the item itself and ever viewing it.
  • If someone watched and viewed your item, say, 32 days ago, the watch would remain but the view drops off
he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 24 of 24
latest reply