cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sort by 'Item Location', goes to a 'made us think you were a bot.' page.

Whenever I try to sort by 'Item Location', such as changing to 'North America', this page comes up saying:

"Pardon Our Interruption...
As you were browsing eBay, something about your browser made us think you were a bot. There are a few reasons this might happen:

You're a power user moving through this website with super-human speed.
You've disabled JavaScript in your web browser.
A third-party browser plugin, such as Ghostery or NoScript, is preventing JavaScript from running."

Just started today, no idea why. I even cleared my history/cache/cookies to try to fix it, no-go. Not even in incognito mode. JavaScript is enabled, I even tried disabled a plugin (not the previous mentioned ones) and that didn't work either. I have added anything new to Chrome.
And no captcha even comes up to do either. It simply goes to the 'bot' page.

Any idea?  

Happens on Microsoft Edge also, which I never use at home.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Unable to sort by 'Item Location', goes to a 'made us think you were a bot.' page.

Exactly the same thing is happening to me whenever I try to use any one of my saved searches. It's very annoying.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Unable to sort by 'Item Location', goes to a 'made us think you were a bot.' page.

The issue is not on the user's end.  eBay uses Distil to keep the website free of bots and starting 14 Jan 2021 many eBay users have reported variations on this issue. It would seem there were some changes to Distil.  I called CS and they created a ticket but it could be a couple days before anyone reads it and investigates.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Same thing happening here. Can not search anymore. really frustrating, as eBay seems to want to destroy every search i create one by one!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

azh-71
Thrill-Seeker

eBay searches have been broken in one way or another for years.  This is just the latest in the long list of indignities we have to deal with.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I just tried browsing this morning, and the issue seems to be fixed.  Have you been back to eBay today?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The link I had bookmarked that was giving me that error seems to work for me now.

Perhaps Distil has fixed whatever was causing the false detection.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply